Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pleasanton

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nwbhotrod, Jun 1, 2011.

1. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Y'all a bunch of pansies. Going to watch Barrett Jackson on the boob tube instead of getting all wet at the swap meet.

2. M.Edell

M.Edell

35 Mastr and myself will be there at the butt crack of Dawn Row B #39 and #40..Got some 34 Ford parts,Vintage tachs,Steering Wheels,Flathead flywheels,ET American racing style 5 spoke wheels,Old Mallory dizzies and a bunch more!

3. riskybiz

riskybiz

I plained on going to GG a month ago with some friends. Take my car and make a day of it. Almost sent in my prereg money for show and swap meet. Good thing I didn't ,with the strong chance of rain and probably be a poor turn out like in March. I'll sit this one out.

4. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

its raining now ................

5. Mr64

Mr64

Well, this is about the time I'd be leaving the house and yep, it's raining. I looked at the forecast for Pleasanton and it shows light rain now, turning to rain by 7am, turning to ThunderStorms by 10am. Guess I'll just pop in my American Graffiti Bluray and stay home.

6. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Thank God the friggin rain finally left us and headed south! ;) We were getting sick of the rain up here! 85 degrees and sunny here today! Finally. :)

7. 41PICUP

41PICUP

Going to meet at Zorn's for breakfast, then take the modern truck in and see who else is crazy enough to go out in the rain.
    See ya there.

8. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Think I'll finish up the wiring, dechroming, exhaust manifold gaskets and anything else I can do in my garage. Damn, this sucks!

9. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Yeah, me to. I used to live in San Ramon, Pleasanton was 5 minutes away. Hawaii is just a bit further.

10. kbuhagiar

kbuhagiar

I agree, good day to stay home in my nice, warm, dry garage.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  11. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

RAIN?? what is this RAIN, you speak of.....,

12. chopt49

chopt49

Yep, y'all need it down there, was in Houston Thursday when it hit 100 and man was it freaking hot :eek:.... I had to come back to Cali in June to cool off, what a thought.

13. M.Edell

M.Edell

I sold a shit load at the swap meet day...It was pouring rain but buyers were there ready to buy!! Awesome day for me!

14. JEM

JEM

Not sure what happened, over here on the Peninsula it dried off a bit before noon and it's been pretty nice ever since.

Which ticks me off because I shelved both thoughts of heading to Pleasanton and of doing some Pick-n-Pull digging (need a late Zetec motor and a Ranger 4.0 and some Mark VIII IRS bits and...) today.

Was it raining elsewhere in the area?

15. kbuhagiar

kbuhagiar

Here in South San Francisco, it rained all morning and into the afternoon; it stopped around 1PM. Partly cloudy the rest of the day, was nice enough that I was able to open the garage door. So the day wasn't a total loss.

16. My son & I dropped by the car show portion of the Goodguys 18<SUP>th</SUP> Annual "Summer" Get-Together ... the rain had stopped ... but the fairgrounds were pretty much a ghost town.

I didn't bring my camera, but did manage to take some snapshots with my iPhone ...

Here's a few of the HAMB-friendly cars parked outside in the weather:

Goodguys 2011 'Summer' Get-Together - '40 Ford Sedan.jpg Goodguys 2011 'Summer' Get-Together - '41 Plymouth Pickup.jpg Goodguys 2011 'Summer' Get-Together - '60 Mercury Park Lane.jpg
    Goodguys 2011 'Summer' Get-Together - '61 Plymouth Fury.jpg Goodguys 2011 'Summer' Get-Together - '61 Plymouth Fury - roof.jpg Goodguys 2011 'Summer' Get-Together - '61 Plymouth Fury - interior.jpg

... and some of the very nice restored cars being displayed indoors:

Goodguys 2011 'Summer' Get-Together - Brass Era Display.jpg Goodguys 2011 'Summer' Get-Together - '08 REO Model C Gentlemans Roadster.jpg Goodguys 2011 'Summer' Get-Together - '06 REO.jpg
    Goodguys 2011 'Summer' Get-Together - '09 Model T Ford Touring.jpg Goodguys 2011 'Summer' Get-Together - '12 Model T Ford 'PIE WAGON'.jpg Goodguys 2011 'Summer' Get-Together - '24 Kissel Model 6-55 Speedster.jpg
    Goodguys 2011 'Summer' Get-Together - '34 Packard.jpg Goodguys 2011 'Summer' Get-Together - '49 Packard Convertible.jpg Goodguys 2011 'Summer' Get-Together - '50 Mercury.jpg

17. 510madmav

510madmav

yep place was empty, got a few deals at the swap meet, which was half what it usually is. I cant believe this weather. Marcus i didn't even see you!

18. I made the trip over from Reno yesterday in that monsoon. Glad today was decent, but not nearly the turnout I expected for both cars and spectators.

19. M.Edell

M.Edell

I was there all day both days! B #39 The only one selling a 34 Ford hood..

20. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

And you still brought it home. lol

21. M.Edell

M.Edell

Yeah no shit, the one thing I figured would have sold right away..oh well, its back up on the shelve in the garage along with the spare tire bracket and front fender brackets.