Register now to get rid of these ads!

Plaza Muffler in Orange, CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 133, Sep 7, 2009.

1. 133

i was curious if anyone has had work done by them. did you have a good or bad experience? how would you grade the quality of their work? thanks

2. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

I know someone who used to work there that started his own place and he does amazing work... PM me and I will give you his info..

3. Check out fantasy muffler in buena park, been there since the 50s and they still are interested in making the cars sound the way they used to back in the day.

4. just ok. i used to work next to welding works, but steve the old owner retired (he really cared if things were right). i'm still looking for a good shop (that listens to what i want and makes it happen, not just close enough). all the old good shops are going down hill (either new owners or ??). remember when you said "all new from the manifolds back" and they didn't re-use the old head pipe, "tuck it close to the body" or " i don't want to see the pipes" meant don't have the tail pipe sticking down 4" past the 1/4 panel or under the body. if i'm doing something stupid tell me and come up with another way of doing it, don't just do it your own way and be surprised when i don't like the outcome.

whoa sorry for the rant, i miss the old muffler guys........

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009

5. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

I used them once on my 57. They were OK. The ASSHOLE Redneck that owns the
    Radiator shop next won't get my business again though. I use Mike Leach up
    at Glassel and close to Katella. Positive Performance is his shop.

6. Had some work done there as well. Would rate it average. For the last 40 years I have mainly used Mesa Muffler on Harbor in Costa Mesa (was in a jam when I used Plaza) and I will continue to. Russ is a Hot Rodder and his Dad John before him was as well. You will not find a cleaner more conscientious muffler shop on the planet. Seriously the best shop I have ever used. By far!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  7. mesa muffler in costa mesa? we use them for work stuff but it's nothing really custom or old. they did my elco many years ago (did a great job) but my friend used them last few times and wasn't too happy. if you use them just make sure you hash everything out (what you want and how you want it) first so nothing is unclear. they did his model A first and it was great so maybe he was unclear with them on the other cars.

i'm going to give mesa muffler a shot next time (i just had a local place do the panel and it's ok).

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  8. 133

thanks guys! i want to do dual exhaust on my '66 Cad.

9. duecevw

duecevw
    from oc calif

Mesa Muffler in Costa Mesa is the best. Super clean work and the way you want it and a very fair price. I realy think you will like them. Danny

10. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Fantasy has done all my work. I have heard good stuff about Positive Performance too.

11. Yeah, Costa Mesa - Brain fart.
    I have always found that Russ will do what you want and do it well if you tell him what you want. I've used him for so many years I would call him a freind now. He lives here in Orange and has some really cool cars and always has.

12. Are you talking about Hoffman Radiators? If so I strongly second that...

13. 133

i had the exhaust done today at Postive Performance in Orange. Tom did a really good job and did it in 1 day. thanks for suggesting that place.

14. send_it_all

send_it_all

I'd like to check out your caddy. I'm getting ready to start working on my 65. Probably gonna go pretty balls out on it, but in a style that MIGHT not be loved by most here.