Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Planning future AV8 build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mikko_, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Mikko_

Mikko_
    from Sweden

Planning an AV8 build sometime in the near future and I'm thinking about transmission mounts.

I'm located in Sweden and both '32 k-members and F1-crossmembers are kinda hard to find
    over here and hard to find means pricey.

Is there any critical reason that you just couldn't mount the stock A-pedals with one of those
    brackets you use when mounting a V8-trans to the stock 4-banger engine?
    And of course make some simple (and strong) mounts that you weld to the stock A crossmember
    to support the rear of the trans?

Maybe box the frame too for some extra strength.

Been searching the HAMB on alternatives but haven't found a lot on the solution I describe above.

2. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I'm in the process of building my second V8A and have used the stock pedal adapters on both of them and a banger with a V8 trans. Work fine and my transmission mount on both of them has been 2" square tubing. The pictures I have don't show the crossmember very well, the long mount on the left side is for the 56 F100 master cylinder I'm using. Clutch and brake pedals clear the F100 steering column in the stock position.

Attached Files:

Mikko_ likes this.
  3. Mikko_

Mikko_
    from Sweden

Thanks for the pictures.
    Something like that I had in my mind.

rinnda likes this.