Register now to get rid of these ads!

Plannin' a trip...? (CA guys)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flynn's_57, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Flynn's_57

Flynn's_57
    from Nor*Cal

I've been thinking about "roadtripping" CA for a LOOONG time-
    So now the plan is when the TRIUMPH's done this summer,
    I'm just basically gonna cruise all over CA, camp out for a week, do the "hippy-biker thing" [​IMG]
    (or the "I'm runnin' from the law" biker thing, whatever you want to call it)
    Just basically check out California,
    (maybe a bit of Oregon too?)

So is anybody else DOWN to CRUISE with me?
    (Or let me crash at there house for a night?)
    Does anybody have any idea's of shit I NEED to check out while I'm on this "trip"?

I dunno...?
    Thought I'd run it by you guys-

2. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

I gotta couple good places for you to check out(great bike places); 1st is the town of Lil' Washington great place and the name says it all(you might want to go heeled cause of the Hippies growin smoke in the woods West of town), another cool place is the Trinity Alps great campin and fishen(also has the Alps lock and key/surplus store), after you leave the alps you cruise down a highway and hit Truckee, it's an especially nice ride. If I got a bike runnin buy then I may cruise with you. My dad used to ride all over Nor. Cal and sothern part of oregon in the 70's and knows a bunch of "outta the way places".
    -Jesse

3. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Southern Humboldt attracts alot of bikers in the summer, GREAT cruising territory- Avenue of the Giants, for example.
    In June, Redwood Run is a big biker event on the south side of the Hum/Mendo county line, in Piercy. My boss has a '59 Panhead, I'll ask him for some summer roads. As much as I'd love to, probably won't be able to break away for a roadtrip, but yer definitely welcome to crash out at our place in Eureka, and would at least like to hit the road with ya for a day. I wonder what summertime stuff they've got going on Weaverville. Locally, Fortuna has a big car weekend in mid-July, the Redwood Autorama, and of course there's all kinds of fun on the Arcata Plaza every summer weekend.
    Let me know when yer planning it for, I'll get more info for ya, but would definitely like to meet up with ya, here.

4. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

This may sound corny, but are you a Triple-A member? Nuthin' like free maps 'n info.

5. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

Oooo, if you head up to the coast and redwoods you HAVE to stop up at the Samoa Cook House, AWSOME food served in a lumder camp cookhouse. You sit a long pinic tables with the food(all you can eat)is on heaping plates in the center and you load up and gorge yourself.

6. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

Ok, my mistake. The town is called Trinity, in the Trinity mtns just south west of Redding. Lil' Washington is off highway 20 just east of Grass Valley, you actually have to get off 20 and head N. down this cliff with a road paved on it into a bottom land, there is a gravel road that heads N. outta town that'll take you to Graniteville(population 55 I think). Thats a good trip, me and my pops went gold pannin back up in there(BEUTIFUL), the Yuba river cuts right through Washington and you can swim in the rock pools that skirt the river(and fishen is awsome to).
    -Jesse

7. Must must must go to the somoa cook house, best restaurant ever.

Hey come cruze through the napa valley and I will show you some cool rods then over to sonoma (over the hill) check out tardels shoP

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  8. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

The Cookhouse is great- during the summer, the V & N Burger Bar in Arcata has cruise-ins every Thursday afternoon. Samoa drags on Sunday mornings. Can't believe I forgot the Cookhouse... Oh- Crescent City's got a drive-in movie theater still in biz, too. Can't wait to check out. When're you thinking of tourin'?

9. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

Justin, you can crash at my pad on your trip....

10. DrJ

DrJ

There's a "Run to the Redwoods" with thousands of Hells Accountants showing up in early June on 101 Highway up the road apiece from Willets, CA.
    We found out about it accidentally coming home from Washington in our Honda Civic...stayed in Willets, in a motel on the highway, listened to shotgun pipes all night

11. Flynn's_57

Flynn's_57
    from Nor*Cal

Nice!
    Thanks for all the tips guys!
    (I'll probably "bump" this up a few more times just to see if I can get any body else....)

12. FRKSHO1

FRKSHO1

when do we leave? if i can finish my shovle head in time ill lend my sporty to my brother and well both go. there are alot of cool places all over cal and oregon. id like to go through washington and into canada also. let me know, lets have a couple of bbq's and plan it out. Paul