Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pix of old speed shops...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, May 19, 2006.

1. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

I believe they still are. The last time I was there was about 4 years ago. They're website's still active, so I assume they're still open.

http://tognottisautoworld.com/

2. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

It's funny how things stick in your head, but they had shopping carts like a grocery store out front....my Buddy said it was a grocery store before Tognotti's opened it up..........

3. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

My dad, @47plymouthgasser , said it used to be a Safeway back in the day

4. rfraze

rfraze

Anyone got pics of Custom Automotive in Dallas? Extra credit for Bobby's T bucket out front or one of Stone, Woods, and Cook Willys there. Thanks.

5. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

It's also funny how things have changed over the years....If you would have said you bought your stuff from anywhere but a Speed Shop, it was like the Most Un-Cool thing you could say....It had to come from a Speed Shop.....we had 2 local shops...Kitchens Speed Shop...long gone since the late 70's..and Bob's Speed Shop......since 1966 and he is still their 6 days a week (82 years old)....matter of fact, while I was typing this he called and invited me to his Birthday Party Sunday evening.........I'm his 2nd oldest customer...my cousin is his oldest by about 2 years........it's like my Mother always said....."It don't take long to get old"............................................Tanner

6. Hi Fraze
    Thanks for the thoughts..All my photos of things you mention here were lost when my house burned back in 1973...I wish someone had some photos also
    Bobby....now at age 81

7. OldiesSpeedShop

OldiesSpeedShop
    from Ventura Ca

oldiesblackwhite2.jpg oldiesblackwhite.jpg

These are present day black and white haha

Attached Files:

Squablow, Jalopy Joker and AHotRod like this.
  8. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Here's some of Bob's Speed Shop...Mobile, Al....since 1966 and still going today...6 days a week...82 years old. This is around 1966 or 67...this is original shop...next picture is second shop around 1968 when I started doing business with him. 20140912_114723_resized.jpg 20140912_114856_resized.jpg

Squablow, Jalopy Joker and AHotRod like this.
  9. AHotRod

AHotRod

Automotive Engineering, Clearwater Florida - 1967

download (5).jpg

autoe.jpg

10. F. G. Ferre & Sons, the first real speed shop in Utah.

Mick FGFerreStore.jpg FGFerreStore1.jpg

tractorguy, Squablow, AHotRod and 2 others like this.
  11. The Bilge Idiot

The Bilge Idiot

My Mom and Dad worked there, in fact that's where they met. My mom was their first female employee.