Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pistons ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jjjmm56, Apr 25, 2013.

1. jjjmm56

jjjmm56
    from FL.

Who can I trust for good cast pistons. I'm needing new pistons for my 303 and looking for a good supplier. I know Ross makes forged but thats not in my budget. I'm looking for a complete engine rebuild kit.

2. Willy301

Willy301

Sealed Power which is part of Federal Mogul.

3. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

what is a good cast piston ? entry level forged pistons are priced about the same as high dollar cast and far superior---lots of rebuilder (cheap ) pistons last a long time in light duty motors and they are cast...

4. 73RR

73RR

Generally, the cast pistons available today are pretty good quality. If you can source some NOS pieces with a major label, like SP, then even better. Just keep in mind that in todays market, demand for odd-ball pistons is such that the Egge and Kanter operations are the usual go-to suppliers and they have developed their own specifications along the way, often using one part number for several applications so as to manage inventory.
    When it comes to cast pistons, just be comfortable with whatever the manufacturer has decided to use for details like valve notches and compression ratio.