Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ***Pistons & Paint '08 pics!***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderson, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Big Tony

Big Tony

Great show and killer pics as always...Eric the new paint is killer

2. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

Thanks for the cool pics.. That '55 was rad what a cool car and it was good to see Dirty2 bring out the Anglia which was cool. There was a lot of cool shit this year.

-E.C.

3. The Shocker

The Shocker

I got to sit in Danny's Anglia and pretend i was driving ,beat that,ha ,ha,ha .I love that little car.Thanks for the pics they were great...

4. poop!

poop!

the show was really fun!!! good times and good people i cant wait to be there next year

5. senior fried

senior fried

Man that was a good show !!! :D:D:D

6. Great photos of what looked like a great show. Kudos from the Eastern Front.

7. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

A guy named Graham from Austin, TX owns the "Earls Pearl" '55 Chevy now...I gave the car the "Bass Award" this year. It's really awesome to see a car like this still around and being put back on the road.

There is a great story behind the car and what it's been through between its show car days and the present. Graham was super persistent in trying to buy it to save it, and we can all be thankful that his persistence and love for the car saved it from enduring any more harm than it already has.

It really is an amazing car...and I'm glad to see that it's still around.

Thanks to everyone that came out for making this the best Pistons and Paint yet.
    And a special thanks to Robert Hamilton and the rest of the guys for all their hard work in putting on the best traditional hot rod show in North Texas.

8. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

thanks for the show coverage some great cars are in tx . and im jealous of the warm t-shirt wearing weather

9. JamesG

JamesG

I really like that gold '40 Coupe. Didn't some one on here buy it from one of the guys from Pushrod?

10. Yes, I bought the car from Pushrod Mike, from the Pushrods. It was for sale a little over a year ago, but I passed on it at the time. I am a sucker for channeled cars, so when he put it up for sale, I decided to go for it. He did quite of bit of work to it in the past year, so it made for a great start. I need to do some more mechanical/functional work to improve the drivability and plan to add some other styling details but it will maintain this general appearance.

11. photo phantom

photo phantom
    from Fort Worth

WOW! I can barely walk today!
    I have to echo Bass's reply... Thanks to everybody that came. Thanks to my brothers for working thier asses off.
    We are blown away by your support guys.
    There are pics of insane cars I don't remember seeing!
    Buzzard, thanks.
    Eric, don't sweat it.
    Ryan, your always there in spirit. Thanks for the support.
    Mark Ford, what can I say brother? The 31 is TITS!
    H.A.M.Bers, It's only because of your love of the internal combustion engine that we get to do stuff like this..
    Only 12 months to go!
    PHANTOM.

12. Elrusto

Elrusto

Thanks to the Chupacabras for puttin' on a awesome show AGAIN!!!
    Now I gotta go get busy puttin some front brakes on the "T" . :D

13. Marcy

Marcy

Thanks Chup's! You guys put on a class show all the way.
    Someone needs to do a trophy for best club trophy...haha They are seriously great.
    ...and Chris Ito's 40 Ford makes me feel funny.....in a good way

Marcy

14. Dominick Hide

Dominick Hide

I would like to add my congratulations to the Chupacabras for pulling off this show. You have come a long way from Show & Go's parking lot, to this spectacle.

I would also like to thank the musicians that performed here [and at all the other Texas shows this summer] for doing their thing out in the midday sun. I know that it must be a little disheartening for a performer to know that there are a couple of thousand people in attendance, but only a few in front of the stage. Trust and believe me when I say that while we are out in the show area looking and taking pictures of the cars, we are listening to, and enjoying, your music.

[​IMG]

15. Jack

Jack
    from Austin Tx

The El Camino is owned by a nice young lady here in Austin. Her handle here on the H.A.M.B. is "Laura".

16. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Well tell Laura.. I love her. :D That '59 was sweeeeeeeeet.

Had a great time! Didn't make it into any of the coverage though :D

17. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

Damn I miss the 40........At least it is in the hands of somebody like Chris who will finish it with great style.... I was really glad I didn't have to sell it to someone who might think it would be good to finish it into a rodent-rod...........or a street rod guy......

18. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

this was my first P&P .i had a blast.get show !!!!

19. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

The Tulsa bunch had a blast! Thanks to all the Chupacabras for putting on this great event. It will always be on our must do list each year. Thanks also to all my Texas friends for you warm hospitality. I'll post some photo's later, but I just wanted to post on Eric's thread to thank every one for the great weekend.

J.

20. Skimmer

Skimmer

Great pics of cool cars , and the trophys are totally different better than a normal plastic one ........

21. Originally posted by pushrod_mike
    Damn I miss the 40........At least it is in the hands of somebody like Chris who will finish it with great style.... I was really glad I didn't have to sell it to someone who might think it would be good to finish it into a rodent-rod...........or a street rod guy......

Mike, I am glad you like the progress, the 40 should never be a street rod or the other thing you mentioned.....:)
    I was hoping to get the little Ford crest in the insert of the hood (along with some other stuff) for the show, but the package never arrived. I'll be damn if I did not see my next door neighbor this afternoon and he said, "oh I have this package that came last week that was delivered to our house and I forgot about it, were you looking for some parts or something?" I gonna do some burn outs in front of his house this afternoon....

Attached Files:

22. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Great show! Just rolled back into Austin this afternoon. Thanks to the Chupacabras and everyone who attended, great show with great cars and people. Couldn't have asked for better weather...

23. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

We just got home from Houston I am working on the pics now the van started bleeding on the way home(rear diff is leaking alot worse than it was) so into the shop before autorama instead of after. Thanks again Phantom for your pic it was not accepted, but its nice that everyone likes our little daily driver van

24. the roach

the roach

Great show,pulled the Hillbilly Hellcats out of the hat was cool,have'nt seen them in years.

25. boostcaddy

boostcaddy

Nice pics...
    I didn't make it out this year(in bed sick:mad:) I heard two of my old caddy's were out there.
    The black 62 coupe I sold to a friend BUT the blue 61 sedan I havn't seen in accouple years.

Did anyone get a pic of it? heres it is when I owned it but was told it got new shiny paint...

Attached Files:

26. I dig the tu-tone man!

27. geemann51

geemann51

My first P-N-P was such an incredible journey with a lot to tell so I'll probaly do a HotRodLadyCruiser style write up, but for now, here are some pics of the award presentations, I can't remember all the who's, who's so feel free to elaborate or correct me as needed....

Marcy's comment regarding a trophy for the best club trophy is spot on, to say that these are works of art is an understatement. Simply amazing; one and all...

Blake and LAW of the Yay-Hoo's present their pick. The little fella's expression is priceless...

[​IMG]

Ito's Ford was amazing and made me feel pretty good about being suddenly hoodless; well deserved...

[​IMG]

Got the THEM pick too....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to BIG Ken and all the members of the BIG club, The Torques for presenting me with this really BiIG trophy for the Torques pick. My weekend had the makings of being a really BIG bummer (more on that later), but y'all helped put a reall BIG smile on my face.

[​IMG]

Some of the other clubs and recipients....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again Chupacabra's; you guys are the bee's knees and your little ol' show has just become one of my "must attends".....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  28. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Hats off to the Chups for another great show. But I must ask is Steve from the THEM cc wearing lipstick all the time or just when he is giving out awards? He just looks scary like he is the catcher in the group.

29. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

I had a blast this year at the show, and want to thank everyone that came out and suported the show.
    later
    RC

Attached Files:

• bump.JPG
      bump.JPG
      File size:
      100.7 KB
      Views:
    • trip.jpg
      trip.jpg
      File size:
      114.2 KB
      Views:
  30. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I think I have a magazine showing the 55 in the 1962 Dallas Autorama. Was the car from the Dallas area originally?