Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pistons and Paint II...big thanks to the Chupies!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Byron Crump, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Gotta give thanks to the goat eaters once agian for a great show! Also thanks to the supporters, artists, and vendors (and to Show and Go for the "light" trophy) for making the Chup's show even better than last year. You guys rock and it is great to see Brian's superstardom has not rubbed off on the rest of ya [​IMG]

I have pics, more to follow later...

All hail the Chupracabas!!

2. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

First off, the super cool son of a lizards true blue 32 looking good in a foo foo rear end shot:

[​IMG]

Everyones fav stude wagon:

[​IMG]

3. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Kartbreakers ride:

[​IMG]

Flk Blk's nice rear end:

[​IMG]

Chirs' cool cabro:

[​IMG]

This one belongs to some broken down ol car dealer guy [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

I think every 5 window in N. Tex. was at the show, this was the lone chopped one:

[​IMG]

Mighty low car indeed:

[​IMG]

kool 57 wagon that had it going on:

[​IMG]

5. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

My 62 with the wheels I decided on (in case anyone remembers me asking for opinions):

[​IMG]

I feel it is bad form to keep showing ones own cars at a car show, but I always wanted to get some good shots of the Tiki 32 with Deuces green 5 window since his unchopped 60's style car was a huge influence on me!

[​IMG]

I heard a sad story about some school kids that could not go to school (hmmm, maybe it was not so sad?) because somebody stole the wheels off the school bus...I wonder where they are now? (car looks great Jason!):

[​IMG]

6. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

The fellow that owns this cool wagon is kinda like the lochness monster, Santa Clause, or Casper the Ghost...you hear about him, you are sure he exists, but you never see him. I think he is more like Santa because he tends to travel with a crazy elfish helper that likes Miami Vice.

(It was great to see the dynamic duo as usual)

[​IMG]

Those Fly Rite Chopper guys sure do build some nasty scoots!

[​IMG]

This one belonged to a nice guy I met at the show last year...gotta luv them trucks!

[​IMG]

The pic says it all about this car:

[​IMG]

I believe the cool hip kids would say "bling bling."

[​IMG]

Some chupa rides in the damnation alley section of the show...these boys are so bad they had to keep them away from the rest of the cars:

[​IMG]

This one seems to run on cheap beer if you look close...looking good:

[​IMG]

more pics are at the starphoto site and I will load more to it and here when I get a chance.

7. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Seaweed flames on Boom Booms kool Ford (superstar car in background). Hey Boom Boom, the interior looks great too, love the car man!:

[​IMG]

Gee, just another unchopped 5 window...oh, but this one has a junky ol hemi in it [​IMG] Man, this show had too many cool cars this year!

[​IMG]

8. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

That super low roadster is Abomber30's old car.

Nice pics, coupe looks great!

9. Elrod

Elrod

[ QUOTE ]
    That super low roadster is Abomber30's old car

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the owner was there and he was a gross mullet wearing, "I look so bad ass in this car I bought" Ex new leather harley riding, monster truck owning dork.

He kept walking around the show with his Nascar prize girlfriend saying, "I could buy that. Woah. I should buy that."

That's him in front of Flt-Blk's truck.

[​IMG]

10. Nice pictures, it shows a good summary of the show. Better than last year, not as good as next year, thanks to the Chupa's.

I think everything went smooth and felt at home all day, great bands, nice art, and cool cars.

Merc50, what's witht the artsy shot of my truck, are you trying to tell me to finish the patch panel on the rear fender?

A select few of us had some interesting entertainment after hours too, Just ask Outlaw!!!
    TZ

11. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

I was tryin to get wrestle-mania-nascar-dude to get some flames to shoot out his exhaust ... but he muttered something about having a mishap while he was a roadie for Great White or something, i dont know.............

12. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

Damn,................. so, what did I miss .... besides nekid titties?

13. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Cool pics. Looks like I missed another good show. That's gettin' a little old.

Why's the hood up on the bubbletop? Engine problems or overheating or something? [​IMG]

14. Hood's up so we could all see the 409. It may have overheated on the way home with the trophy cargo though.

Byron took home a chromed crank shaft trophy for his georgeous 32, it weighed approx 250# when I picked it up with one hand.

Outlaw and woman just bought me breakfast and headed home, you should stop by Fly Rite HQ and get the scoop.
    TZ

15. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

He's always wanted a chrome crank! Wonder if it's going in the Tiki 32. As if there is not enough chrome already! Congrats to Merc50 for the recognition on his car and to the Chupacabres for a good show.

Hey flt-blk, I hear you may have a grudge match lined up for this years Day of the Drags...

16. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Anyone remember where in Texas that 5 window with the hemi came from? I met the guy and my dad and his bud know him, but I can't remember where he was from. I liked that hemi!

17. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

The Honestcycle (he fights crime on it):

[​IMG]

And a few more of the cars:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    The Honestcycle (he fights crime on it):

[/ QUOTE ] [​IMG]

INDEED!!

Here is a rare action shot of Honest and his "sidekick" Flt-Blk.

The Duo was seen speeding to the aid of some needy HAMBer.

I just hope Flt-Blk was wearing his Jimmy cape!!

19. photo phantom

photo phantom
    from Fort Worth

Let me be the first to thank every body who made it to the show! It would not have been such a success if it was'nt for you guys. We had a great time despite the sunburns.
    Big thanks goes out to Johhny Ace and his wonderful wife for making the trip down despite the hardships they endured.
    You guys rock!
    There is a rumor next year will be even bigger. I hope all of you will do us the honor of making it down (or up).
    I personally was amazed at most of the rides that showed up and the attitude and good nature of thier drivers.
    It makes me very proud to call you my freinds. [​IMG]
    Thanks again.
    Rich

20. Elrusto

Elrusto

I had a great time at the show. Im glad I got my old truck running in time to go!! Definately lookin forward to next year!!

I want to say the hemi 5-window was from Canton(?).
    Ive seen it out there around them parts!!!

21. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

<font color="blue">Byron took home a chromed crank shaft trophy for his georgeous 32, it weighed approx 250# when I picked it up with one hand.
    </font>

Man, that crank was packed into my trunk so it would not roll but it shifted forward and crushed the toy car on top. That thing is heavy, but man is it cool. I must of looked even weaker than usual trying to carry that thing. I need to work out my one arm like Flt Blk mentioned...so, what exactly are you doing that makes that one <font color="green"> hand </font> so much stronger? [​IMG]

22. nailhead60

nailhead60

FANTASTIC SHOW !!! Had a blast with all of those pistons and paint!!!

23. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Looks like y'all had fun. Thanks for posting it. Good to see those Texas cars again.....

24. OutLaw

OutLaw

I had an awsome weekend despite my oil pan problems. I did make it back in one piece. A big thanks to the Chupacabras and I can't wait to see everyone again real soon..
    Christa says a big thank you to everyone who donated to her new makeup bag( a bling bling tool box ) she wouldn't have it with out your help..

I would thank everyone indivualy but then I'd get writers cramp.. So you know who you are. [​IMG]

Rosanky is in two weeks anyone, anyone.....

25. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

26. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

World famous Outlaw car:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Another foo foo shot, this time of Flt Blks truck looking all old timey:

[​IMG]

28. hudson_hawk

hudson_hawk

great show. awesome cars and good people. i guess i have to paint my wheels now!!!

29. krupanut

krupanut

Bummed out. [​IMG] I won't miss it next year!

30. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Yeah, you and the dirty bird need to come next year fer sure...poor Outlaw has to do all the representin!