Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pinstriping question

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by mikev, Mar 16, 2005.

1. mikev

mikev
    from berea,ohio

Does anybody know what I should expect to pay for a stiping job. Thanks.

2. 00 MACK

00 MACK

hood and trunk-$200 add dash $275 add head and taillights$375-400.These are rogh estimates . Many of the worlds less experienced stripers charge signifigantly less and many charge more.

3. KustmAce

KustmAce

My pricing for hood, trunk, head/tailights and dash would be between 100-200, depending on color choices and complexity.

4. Anchor

Anchor
    from N/A

You're looking at, like they said, a few hundred dollars. The price goes up for metallics because they are harder to work with, dual/several color designs and sometimes if you say "that part of the car is a little crooked, could you make the design a little crooked so it doesn't look so bad? Or I scratched it here, could you cover that up?" ha

5. The local market also influences pricing.
    Ohio will probably be less than the same job in NJ.

6. mikev

mikev
    from berea,ohio

cool thanks guys, I figured it was around a grand. I guess it could be if it were really detailed. I pretty much just want the trunk, and maybe the hood sides. It's a 39 chevy.

7. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

.............bring it to NJ and get "Caffeine" to do it. He'll do it cheap, he needs the money! :D

8. Psychoarts

Psychoarts

Better yet stay in Ohio I'll do it I need money to. :cool: Just kidding, look up Daddy-O he's in your neck on the woods.

9. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

haha thanks pat.

I usually charge 250 for a whole car. 100 for a trunk. 65-100 for a motorcycle tank 45 for a helmet.

but it all depends with me....for things people ship me...its usually much cheaper than at shows because i can work on it on my own time, and watch TV while im doing it.

10. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Hey Mike,

Look at the newbie column for J-bird.

He's in our club and we're from the Youngstown area. Not far at all.

Look at his intro post. I posted many pics of stuff he's done for us.

Pm or email me if ya want more info. Don't email or PM him. He doesn't get online much.

Tim

11. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

wow...i guess i have to start charging more.

and i was usually happy with just a six pack:D

12. darren

darren
    from Iowa

Just like anything, you get what you pay for...the good guys do it for the art, and little bank...let me know, I'll stripe your stuff...

13. rollie

rollie

Jeez, I like the way you think, most people want it done for fifty bucks !!

14. I second Rollie on that. But I'm only about 20 miles away Mikev if you would like me to take a look at what your ideals

15. ...and they want you to drive an over an hour to get there.

16. Von Scott

Von Scott
    from fresno,ca

Hey that was my first job exactly. How'd you know that,lol. The only difference was besides the driving and 50 bucks they did offer me lunch.

17. rollie

rollie

Or ya say 50 ,and they say "Oh, I only got 3 -20's" so they offer ya 40 instead of givin' ya 60 ! Then the next day they go to work and ask for a raise 'cause the 30 bucks an hour they get isn't good enough !

18. ALWAYS carry change.ALWAYS.

I know some people charge in multiples of $20,because that is what the
    bank machine spits out,and then they don't have to make change as often.

Anyone tries to knock the price down 20%,
    and I'll wipe off 20% of the design.:eek:
    At least.

Fuckers.

19. Von Scott

Von Scott
    from fresno,ca

I read somewhere(I think Signcraft mag) there's a striper out of Jersey that works Sturgis every year. He said all his prices are in multiples of 20 because that's what the bikers get from the ATMs. Smart guy I think I 'll try that. Hey Uncle Ian why not just raise it 20% each time they try to beat you down. Maybe after the 2nd or 3rd time they get the hint and shut their mouth and let you do what they came to you for in the first place. Quality work, Quality price.

20. Sounds like Russ Mowry.One of the best.If you ever get to talk with him,DON"T ask him how he likes helicopters!

21. Von Scott

Von Scott
    from fresno,ca

Yeah that's him! The guy does good work. I remember hearing that, but not why.

22. When Russ isn't creating beautiful art work,he is a helicopter pilot for either a New York or New Jersey TV station. They were covering some kind of a situation along with several other stations when he had a tail rotor fail and crash landed the chopper on top of a building.I believe he was the only one hurt(a broken ankle)and at least one other station got the footage of him going in.

23. rjb

rjb
    from ICT KS

It also depends on their attitude, I charge less if they are cool with letting me do what I want, and more If they are over my shoulder telling where to put lines. And the range for me is $20-$40 an hour for outlining and anywhere from $60-$100 an hour for designs, it all depends, though I tend to lean toward the lower side of those scales.

rjb

24. I take the easy way out,and refuse to do Customer work.:cool:

The $20,or $200,I might make isn't going to change my life
    enough to justify putting up with stupid Assholes.

Maybe if I gave them an invoice:

Cool,one of a kind,artwork $ 20.00
    Putting up with your Bullshit $ 480.00
    ---------
    Total $500.00 CASH ONLY :eek: