Register now to get rid of these ads!

pinstripe help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1962falcon, Jul 17, 2010.

1. 1962falcon

1962falcon

So my wife got me two pinstriping brushes, 00 and 000, for my birthday and also a little can of ed roth striping paint. I have no experience pinstriping and found out how hard it is, anyone have any tips for me?? How much paint are you supposed to load onto the brush and stuff like that?

2. Youtube can be your friend! Or you can buy one of several pinstriping books. I like the one by Alan Johnson. Then it's practice, practice, and ....uh....practice!

Good luck!

3. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

If you never did a thing with a pinstripe brush, grab a nice ice cold beer or 6, take a little cup of water and pull lines and do loops so you can get a little hand motion down, always clean your brushes immediately, and remember when you learned your abc writing in school, it took a while, well this is new and it may take a little bit, have fun and stick with it.

4. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

5. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

practice, practice, practice - on glass, or mirror - go to some big car shows like GoodGuys and just watch strippers do their thing - they all have something they do different - and ask questions they are always willing to help out. practice, practice, practice!

6. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Wow, They had strippers at GoodGuys, I must have missed that!
    Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

7. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

OPPs, not only am I hearing impaired - I'm spelling impaired too!!

8. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

9. 510madmav

510madmav

make sure you keep them brushes clean!!!! with the right stuff