Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Pine River, Minnesota Anyone close ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38nailhead, Aug 11, 2018.

1. 38nailhead

38nailhead
    from England

Hi everyone , really didn’t know what section to put this in.
    Does anybody live in or close to pine river Mn ?
    Long story short ... my mate has been dealing with a guy in pine river for the last few years ,he was helping him with parts and now the time has come to shipping and he won’t reply to emails . All my mate wants is the parts which are his.
    The guys name is Ron Spatz , he has been trying to get a shipping price now since the start of the year . All I’m trying to do is if someone could pick the parts up and maybe help with shipping . I will assist with all costs and time spent. If I have no luck does anyone think it’s worth contacting the local police department?

Thanks to anyone that replies . Ben

2. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

I am curious how a 3rd party person is supposed to improve this situation. A stranger that lives here in Minnesota is going to convince this guy to ship, or email back?

54vicky likes this.
  3. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

Or the actual shipping of items is the problem? Like, I would drive over there and pick it up and then ship them off to your friend? The way I see it, this guy isn't returning your friends emails... there's no way this guy is going to want to deal with me suddenly.

54vicky likes this.
  4. 38nailhead

38nailhead
    from England

I was just trying to find out if anyone knows him on here, As being in the uk I can’t exactly pop round to collect the parts for my mate.
    If the approach I’m suggesting is wrong or incorrect to anyone I would really appreciate any advice , as I have always found this forum and community very helpful.

5. 38nailhead

38nailhead
    from England

He replies a few times to emails but then stops replying , so it seems that it just goes around in circles. The item is only a 38 ford grill and hood ornament.

6. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm in Breezy Point, Minnesota and am about 20 miles from Pine River. I would be willing to help out, but really don't want to get into the middle of someone else's problems. PM me with the specifics and I'll see what I can do.

7. Latigo

Latigo

Don't think it would hurt to look the fellow up for a friend in England and offer to move things along if possible. At the least you might find out if he's legit. Not confrontational, just fact finding.

8. 38nailhead

38nailhead
    from England

Thanks Latigo. The guy had a website until a few moths back , but has been taken down. All I want is for my mate to get his parts finally and not have to involve any police.

9. ken bogren

ken bogren

10. 38nailhead

38nailhead
    from England

Yeah that’s the one , I have been trying to help him for a while now get them back...found his ebay account but not much else... Mark didn’t have a address for him only the town he lived because of the old website.

11. 38nailhead

38nailhead
    from England

His website was called trinketsandjunk.com

12. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

13. 38nailhead

38nailhead
    from England

Nice thanks for that , I will pass that along to Mark and get him to try it ... will post the outcome when I hear back from him .

Casey Riley likes this.
  14. 38nailhead

38nailhead
    from England

Hi anyone who is interested, Mark has managed to get in contact with Ron finally , he has apologised to him a lot and said he is going to get shipping sorted at his cost , so fingers crossed this will get sorted now for him . Thanks again to the people that helped , and let’s hope this is the end of it

stanlow69 and Casey Riley like this.
  15. 54vicky

54vicky

I hope he is not being too optimistic from what you said.then again stranger things have happened.wish him luck nice to have a friend like you