Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pinched Deuce Frame Photos and Info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cris, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Does anyone have pictures or know of a thread that actually shows the steps involved in pinching a '32 frame so that it's width in front of the K member matches the width of a '29 firewall? I have searched and only been able to find notched/piecut/sliced framerails but nothing that actually shows or properly describes what you must do to the K member, where it's best to make cuts and trim metal, etc. in order to actually bring the rails to 30 1/2" width (or so) at that point in the chassis.

If there's an existing post I'd be grateful to be pointed towards it, if not, does anyone have photos?

Thanks.

Cris

2. No pics, but Wescott has frame blueprints and one of them shows a pinched 32 frame for a 29.

3. Jay.S

Jay.S

Going to revive this thread. I've searched and couldn't find any build pics of how this is done. I have been studying the wescott plans but would still like to see some pictures of the "pieing/pinching" process.

4. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

there was a good article in Street Rodder (don't throw things) within the last few years. it was actually an Australian build, but they decided to pinch the chassis and showed how step by step.

5. Jay.S

Jay.S

Ok I'll look into that.

6. Jay.S

Jay.S

I've been looking at wescott blueprints and also the diagram in the tardel/bishop book and noticed the dimensions are different. What ones do you guys mostly use?

7. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Check out my pops thread av8 roadster build. Im sure he has pictures of his frame that was pinched.