Register now to get rid of these ads!

PILOT HOUSE DODGE PICKUP PROJECT

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Studebakester, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Studebakester

Studebakester
    from Oxnard, CA

City: VENTURA

State: California
    Price: 4500
    IMG_2354.JPG IMG_2353.JPG IMG_2355.JPG IMG_2355.JPG 1953 DODGE PICKUP WITH VOLARE FRONT SUSPENSION (TORSION BARS) DISC BRAKES, POWER STEERING, FRESH 318 WITH ORIGINAL (MADE IN GARDENA, CALIFORNIA) VALVE COVERS, OVERDRIVE AUTOMATIC TRANS (904 I THINK) AND LATER MODEL REAR END FROM 75 CORDOBA. HAS BENCH SEAT WITH BLACK TUCK AND ROLL UPHOLSTERY. ENGINE WILL BE BOLTED IN CHASSIS AS SOON AS I RECEIVE A CENTER SUMP OIL PAN AND PICK UP TUBE. REAR END IS NOT INSTALLED YET, BUT THE ORIGINAL REAR END IS STILL THERE.
    THE BED IS IN EXCELLENT SHAPE AS ARE THE REAR FENDERS. THE CAB IS SOLID AND HAS VERY LITTLE RUST. ALL I HAVE SEEN IS ON LOWER SPLASH GUARD ON PASSENGER SIDE BUT THERE COULD BE OTHER SMALL AREAS I HAVENT SEEN. OVERALL A VERY GOOD CAB. RIGHT FRONT FENDER NEEDS SOME LOVE AS PO WELDED A MOUNTING BRACKET BACK ONTO THE FENDER AND DIDN'T FINISH THE JOB. DRIVER FENDER IS GOOD.
    THE DASH IS MISSING PARTS BUT I HAVE SOME OLD STEWART WARNER GAUGES I WILL ALSO THROW IN OR MAYBE THEY WILL BE INSTALLED BY THEN. IMG_2355.JPG IMG_2355.JPG
    SOMEONE WELDED IN 3 BARS WHERE THE GRILL WOULD NORMALLY GO. A FRIEND OF MINE SAYS HE MAY HAVE A GRILL FOR IT. IF HE DOES I WILL THROW THAT IN AS WELL.
    I HAVE ORDERED A NEW FUEL TANK FROM TANKS,INC SET UP FOR FUEL INJECTION AND A NEW INLINE FUEL PUMP. I HAVE THE COMPUTERAND WIRING HARNESS AND ALL THE FUEL INJECTION THAT I PLANNED TO USE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE FUEL INJECTION, CARBURETOR IS AN OPTION. I DO NOT HAVE A MANIFOLD FOR CARB BUT HAVE A COULPLE OF CARBS THAT NEED KITS.
    THERE IS CURRENTLY NO FRONT OR REAR BUMERS FOR IT, BUT I MAY HAVE A LINE ON A FRONT ONE. WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO.
    THERE IS A SET OF CHROME SMOOTHIES WITH NEAR NEW TIRES I WILL INCLUDE AS WELL. THEY ARE NOT IN THE PICS YET.
    THE TRUCK IS LOCATED AT MCGREGOR'S SPEED SHOP IN VENTURA, CA.

I HAVENT BEEN ON THE HAMB FOR QUITE A WHILE SO I'M GETTING REACCLIMATED TO IT. PROBABLY BEST TO JUST TEXT OR CALL ME AT 661.233.6269 IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS I HAVEN'T ALREADY ANSWERED OR IF YOU WANT TO COME GET IT. BRING CASH AND A TRAILER.

AS THE WORK PROGRESSES THE PRICE WILL ALSO. I DONT REALLY WANT TO BUILD THIS TRUCK AS I HAVE A BAD HEART (AND THEREFORE NOT A LOT OF ENERGY) AND I JUST WANT TO GET MY 49 STUDEBAKER PICKUP BUILT, BUT I WILL KEEP ON THE DODGE UNTIL IT IS GONE.

THANX FOR LQQKING. I AM HAVING A TERRIBLE TIME UPLOADING THE PICTURES SO IM POSTING THIS AS IS FOR NOW. AS SOON AS I CAN FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM I WILL ADD PICS. OR I CANT SEND THEM TO YOU BY TEXT IF YOU CAN'T WAIT. SORRY FOR MY INEPTNESS WITH THIS *(&%* COMPUTER.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017