Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pileup 2008... perfect weather

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Thirdyfivepickup, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I loved this year and hated it. Loved most of the cars... (quite a few cars on the grounds that raised an eyebrow while screaming "look at me")

I had a few favorite moments... getting hugs from my favorite DW and seconds later my buddy Breeder. Some quick BS wit 38 Pickup... A hug and kiss from HRLC... and the list goes on.

The lowlight/highlight of the show for me was when somone muttered under their breath how nobody was looking at their car when walking by... instead they were looking at the rusty junk inside the fenced in area where the bands play (car they were looking at was the Valley Customs Lincoln...)

I just had to roll my eyes.

Lots of amazing cars I had never seen before... lots of street rodders disguising their cars to be a part of it all...

And spending the day with my Uncle who has been modifying cars since the 50s... he said he has more fun and sees more people having fun at the Pileup than any show he's ever been to.

I spent a few minutes looking over the lincoln... its a great piece of history... met Keith Weesner and bought a print. Harassed Sidevalve about displaying my competitions parts :D And smiled numerous times at Bobk. (doesn't the lad just make you want to smile?)

the lincoln
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

nice to see they took off the 20" wheels to make the show...
    [​IMG]

a friend of mine... he has too many cool cars. Says this one will be his best yet
    [​IMG]

I love Willys
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

[​IMG]

messed up his front bumper on the way in.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

don't know what was under the hood, but this thing THUMPED!
    [​IMG]

almost missed this one. LOVED the color
    [​IMG]

luckiest kid out there
    [​IMG]

3. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  4. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

I walked past this car several times and didn't take notice it wasn't v/8 powered. This is the direction I would like to take my Tudor. Does anyone know who the owner is?
    [​IMG]

Tad

5. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Yep his name his Steve. Can't remember his last name. I am pretty sure he is a HAMBer too. (something with Fordy 6 or something like that.

6. breederswife

breederswife

It was great to see you and to hear that your family is doing well. I am just sorry that we were not able to see more of you. Congrats on your little lady doing so well and I am sorry that she felt that you needed to get up so early on Pileup morning.:p We hope to hear more good news in the upcoming weeks with Julianna. Take care and thanks for the pics, I added a good one from ours.;)

Attached Files:

7. Super88

Super88

The A with the banger belongs to H.A.M.B.E.R. Fordy 6. It's a great looking car.

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

mark, thats because i was smart enough to eat a kids meal at 11 am on friday on our way up, then start drinkin at 3!:rolleyes: hell, i was in bed by 12!!!!:D
    saturday night, well, thats another story~!
    i was really suprised! normally the parking lots are loaded [in more way then one] with folks till 3-5 in the mornin, both nights! it was a ghost town this yr! i think i was the weather! you can party harder at night when its 35 out!;)

crap~!- forgot to mention...[duh].....MIKEY OLE BUDDY! was super duper seein ya's again! ive never missed a chance for us to get our pic together at the PU!!! not sayin what i do with them, just glad to have a new one!!!! :)
    how did your mini honey moon go?"????

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  9. Hellfish

Hellfish

Nice pics, mike. I'm glad you could make... hopefully next year with Juli and the rest of the family!

10. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

With Arianna's soccer game at 11:30 there was no way to make it possible. (although we lost again, so they probably should have skipped it) But next year I might, Juli will be a normal baby. :)

(although to be honest I'd rather party Friday and Saturday night with you guys.)

Either way I'll be attending the best show ever with camera in hand.

11. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I was ridin' *shotgun* in this one..... a great, understated, truly traditional rod......owner is Steve Sokol from Pella, Iowa........ Fordy 6 on the HAMB.....

CB