Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pictures of old garages and speed shops in the 50's/60's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassercrazy41, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Anybody got a picture of the old Salem (Oregon) Speed Shop? I can remember looking at it out the back window of my dad's '36 Chevy, probably around 1952 or so. I believe it was near Busch's pasture in a converted house. Brings back memories . . .

2. metal man

metal man

I was just there the other day, buying Christmas presents!

3. i used to love going into staggie auto parts (hamilton ohio) with my dad in the 70's they had a small block chevy on an engine stand all decked out in chrome parts and a whole wall full of cal-custom parts on j-hooks and a chrome sidepipe and header bolted together hanging on the wall thats as close as i got to the "hotrod" side of life it closed in the early 80's

the building is still there but its a landscaping company now

i used to stand loking at the cal custom stuff thinking to myself which parts id buy for my first car i started driving in 86

4. As a teen I was working (out of town) in Wilmington on the wharfs setting pads for the cranes all week long with weekends back in San Diego .... could never get the guys to stop at Mickey Thompsons .... drove by it every monday morning and friday night.

5. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

Cool, thanks Kev!

6. lawman

lawman

60s,That make's two of us !!! I can wait as being retired I alway's have more time then I do money !!!!! LOL

7. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Here are a few more from Los Angeles. Kurtis-Kraft was not a speed shop as we think of it in a retail sales sense, but Frank Kurtis was one of the guys to see if you wanted a fast ride.

Attached Files: