Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pictures of my newly signwriten PU.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paul Y, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Paul Y

Paul Y

Asked for recommendations for someone to signwrite my PU the other day and on the advice of many I contacted Ian (bigbossman) to start putting some ideas togeather for me.

Well I think he must have regretted taking the job as I think we must have spent nearly 2 weeks going backward and forward with the design until we were both happy with it.

I must admit that I was the reason the process took so long as the original concept was not what ended up on the truck!

The original idea was to have it signwritten up as the 'Ditchfinder General Store' after my numerous excersions to the roadside drains that are popular in the more rural areas of Essex. However after a lot of work this was just not going to work so, on the suggestion of one of my offspring may I introduce to you....

The Pumkin Patch Speed Shop!

Ian spent from pretty much 8am until about 5pm today working and I spent pretty much most of the day watching, the process and skill had me enthralled and, for a time, the youngest members of my brood.

The blank canvass (old picture)

[​IMG]

Stage one, chalking in the outline.

[​IMG]

Applying the mask

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blending the colours

[​IMG]

Mask removed

[​IMG]

Adding the detail

[​IMG]

The finished item

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Might be a bit to 'cute' for some of the hardcore amongst you but I am really really happy with how this came out and can not recommend Ian enough, not a bad days work for 10 cups of tea and a Bacon sandwich...

Thanks again Ian.

A very happy.

P.[​IMG]
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

2. Throttlehead250

Throttlehead250
    from Houston TX

haha very nice, really diggin the truck also!

3. My congrats to Ian;nice work!

4. excellent work ..

5. Famous Tater

Famous Tater

Dude,,,looks AWESOME!! I love the truck and the logo looks sweet on it! I wanna do one too...already have it drawn up, thanks to my brother. Just have to get it painted.

Attached Files:

6. 49 chevy

49 chevy

awsome looking truck. like the pumpkin

7. Cool looking logo and very well done. I admire someone who stills uses a mahl stick.

8. Very cool! Nothing like the "snap" of handlettering! Great job...

Joel

9. 2-TONED

2-TONED

that looks "REALLY GOOOD!!" i like it! --- Cool Truck too!

grab a can of red spray paint & shoot the bottom of that fender.

my paint is OLD & i had a cracked fender i welded up & smooothed out somewhat & primered & i didnt look around at all. i grabbed a can of maroon something close to the truck shot it on & then shot flat clear spray bomb over it & it blends right in.

10. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

11. Hand lettering is an artform that bowls me over. There are so few left that do a really great job. Yours is VERY nice.
    I'll bet there's 10 good stripers for every good letterer today. Gettin to be a lost art.

12. sun down

sun down
    from tx

looks great..

13. Nice...nothing like a shop truck with a cool logo on the doors...

14. Paul Y

Paul Y

Many thanks for all the comments.

Watching Ian lettering was just fantastic, he made it look so easy and the finished result is even better than the mock ups he sent ahead of his visit.

Truck is going to be at the HRD's as one of the push truck for the FED's cacklefest, think I can hold my head up high now!

P.

15. Cymro

Cymro

Looking Good!