Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pictures of headlight wire on Highboy Roadsters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bp1971, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I am looking for pictures of how you guys with highboy roadsters ran your headlight wires to the headlights. Thanks in advance.

2. Hey bp1971,

All I did with mine (sorry, only a coupe) was use the stock conduit to run the wires to the inside of the framerail. Using a grommet might have spruced things up a bit too. ;)

[​IMG]

-Dave

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  3. That would work for me, but I forgot yo mention that I am runing a hood and sides.

4. oj

oj

No pics, but what i do is split the circuits inside the cowl and run seperate wires for left and right side so there is no crossover nor splice. The only pita is if the guy wants a horn and the electric fan controls.

5. A hole and grommet in the side of the framerail will get the rest of the wiring out of sight..

-Dave

6. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I was in the same boat as you- how to run elect to lights. I bought a set of the flex lines w/ wires in them- I think from Vintique from the Early Ford Store.
    Problem was- I didn't like the looks & they wouldn't bend sharp enough. The 2 chrome ends w/ jam nut could easily be removed from the flex- there's just an o-ring in the fitting. Pulled the end off & mounted one to the bucket (34 Commercial) and the other end to my shell. I wondered if a piece of 3/8 stainless would fit in the fittings? Fit like it was made for it!!!!
    Used the ends, pulled the wires from the flex & tossed the flexs.
    Hard lined it & never looked back.

From the side.

[​IMG]

From the top looking straight down.
    [​IMG]

7. @steves32: I really like how you ran your wires.

8. Steve32, that is great!

9. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

You'll need a quality bender to get a sharp bend at the bucket to clear the upper shock mount. After that- one offset to line up w/ the shell & you're home free.
    I have high, low, ground & turn signals pulled through there.
    get a piece of copper refer tube to practice on. Then get a couple of feet of stainless for the final. Too bad they don't sell just the ends. A shame to toss the flexs for the ends only.
    I like it because it's not a 1-800 part. Got plenty of those already.

10. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Steves32

That is about the most sano I have ever seen.

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

While working at Dan Webb's, we ran the wires inside the framerails on a certain wedge-shaped roadster. Took some time but they were invisible.