Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pictures load sideways. Fix?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by blowby, Feb 15, 2019.

1. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Anyone know why uploaded photos sometimes come out sideways and how to alleviate?

Tried a search..

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Hold your camera at an angle.

3. jnaki

jnaki

Hey B,
    There are more times a phone camera gets the sideways photo blame. It is the way most people hold them. A simple, standard photo program on your laptop or desktop has a rotate tab. If not, copy and paste onto a Word Document, then click to acknowledge it as a photo. Take the green button and rotate it around to get the right view. Now, you have to save it as a jpeg photo again.

This gets 95% of the upside down phone photos the correct way. If it still does it, you need a photo program and something like a Paint Program to paste, rotate, and copy right side up.

Or, quit using a phone camera and get a quality digital camera for better photos and NO upside down photos.

Jnaki
    Phone photos are getting better, but a quality digital camera is low cost and for the average Joe, virtually fool proof. Check out your local Costco.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. jnaki

jnaki

Hey B,
    upload_2019-2-15_15-58-49.png
    It should be this, but if it turns out to be below:
    upload_2019-2-15_15-59-51.png
    Then copy and paste onto a word document:
    upload_2019-2-15_16-1-41.png
    Use the green tab to move the image around to the way you like it:
    upload_2019-2-15_16-4-29.png
    upload_2019-2-15_16-5-23.png upload_2019-2-15_16-5-59.png
    Now, save to your photo photo as a JPEG photo. Now, copy and paste to the HAMB post. If it is still upside down, then rotate it again and copy and paste onto the Paint Program:
    upload_2019-2-15_16-10-31.png
    Hope this works out for you.
    Jnaki

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Thanks Jnaki. The photo I was trying to post is on my desktop computer and displays correctly on it.

jnaki likes this.
  6. gegcorp2012

gegcorp2012

I am seeing the same issue with photos taken with my phone camera. Most of the time, the photos are OK, but every once in a while a photo that displays properly on the phone shows rotated when I upload it to a forum (HAMB and others as well).

In that case, I use my phone to check the file details and it can tell me if the photo is rotated. it is kind of confusing to fix it on the phone, but use the Gallery app to view the picture and edit it. You can rotate 90 degrees and save a new copy then try to upload the new one.

That works 99% of the time for me.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk