Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pictures from a proud dad

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by av8, Aug 28, 2003.

1. av8

av8

Thanks, JR. Construction of the exhaust system was intense! In spite of all the activity and people in Vern's shop in those days it was as though I was working all by myself. Everyone gave me a wide berth because they knew I was really sweating the work. The completion of each phase, from mockup through installation of the finished system, was a rush!

For all that, and all the years I'd designed that system in my head, I'd do it quite differently today, much more like the system Don Ferrara built for his roadster. It would be easier and a lot less expensive, but I had to see my own vision all the way to the finish.

BTW, the sound of that moderately hotted flathead through that system, with the caps removed, will put a lump in your throat -- and, for some of us, another one elsewhere. It'll humble most jiggler motors!

The "definitive hot rod" is a little over the top, but I'd accept "definitive A-V8 hot rod" which is what we intended it to be. I hope my current build is half the fun that doing the roadster was.

2. Killer

Killer

My favorite hot rod.

Thanks for building it... and documenting the build for the rest of us to learn from...