Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Picture

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by hbpaint, Jun 23, 2019.

1. hbpaint

hbpaint

Ok I’m not so tech savvy , how do you get the picture to come up before the words?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I thought I knew but, i couldn't make it happen.

3. First, touch/click in this message area
    Second touch/click upload file
    Pick the image and open
    Then click full image
    Once image is loaded into the message area, just start typing and the words should show up under the picture
    20190623_223940.jpg
    20190623_224017.jpg

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.
  4. hbpaint

hbpaint

5. Mimilan

Mimilan

Receipt charge.jpg
    Write your message , but move it all down a line.
    Then go through the motions of uploading a photo.
    Then click the empty line/space above your message and click full image.

loudbang likes this.
  6. Sometimes with multiple pics i just post the pics and then hit the edit button for the added text :confused:. Then i know for sure that words are,nt sprinkled all over the place :oops:.

loudbang likes this.
  7. hbpaint

hbpaint

8. jnaki

jnaki

Hey H,
    It is a lot easier to write your story on a Word Document first. Add in your photos where they are supposed to go and continue writing. Once the whole thing is finished, copy the writing down to the first photo. Paste it on the HAMB screen. You will get words only to this point. If you copy the whole word doc, including the photos and then post on the HAMB box, only the writing will show up, without the photos.

Then add the photos. If the original photo was resized on the Word Doc, then it will be placed where you want it to go. upload_2019-6-24_5-24-43.png upload_2019-6-24_5-26-6.png

If you post a photo and not get the bottom verification from the HAMB as a png, the photo will NOT be posted on the screen when you hit post. Also, if you use the upload the file tab, sometimes it goes where you want it and sometimes at the bottom of the writings. That does not flow with the story.

Everyone has their own way to post things, but I have tried on a phone, tablet, laptop and home big screen computer. The last two are the only ones I currently use. It makes editing much easier and posting much easier, than posting/writing the story on the HAMB, first. The Word Doc is faster in corrections if set up correctly, while the HAMB screen is still in the elemental stage. It is hunt and peck. The phone and tablet vs the laptop or giant screen home computer? There is no comparison. Sometimes phone apps do not allow all HAMB rules to apply correctly.

All photos must be jpeg, but recently, the saved photos accidentally listed as png still get posted correctly, only if edited on the Word Doc first. The other thing is that this paragraph is being typed on the HAMB screen. I have to make all caps correct by individually going back to the words to make the changes. On the Word Doc, hamb is automatically HAMB. Caps are automatically corrected and words spelled correctly on the Word Document if set up correctly. Typing rules make it happen. The HAMB is nice, but not set up this way.

Jnaki
    "To each his own..." is part of our society, so, try any way that fits your style. We all have our likes and dislikes as seen on HAMB photos and writings. Make your individual paragraphs, as per paragraph rules, as one giant paragraph is difficult on the eyes. One tends to give up after the first sighting of such a long series of words all in a 45 line page.

hbpaint likes this.
  9. hbpaint

hbpaint

Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

jnaki likes this.
  10. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Speaking for only myself, I have no idea what you just said in your post. :)
    I still use a slide rule and utilize long division.

11. 19Fordy

19Fordy

IMG_3038b.jpg IMG_3042b.jpg IMG_3039b.jpg View attachment 4329449 Here's how I do it.
    1. Type your message into the message box and click POST REPLY.
    2. Then click on EDIT.
    3. Then click on MORE OPTIONS.
    4. Then click on UPLOAD A FILE and a small photo will load.
    5. Then click on FULL IMAGE.
    6. Then click on SAVE CHANGES.
    7. Photo will appear at top of initial message.
    If you want to add another photo: 1. Click on EDIT, then click on MORE OPTIONS, then click on UPLOAD A FILE. After small photo loads, click on FULL IMAGE. Then click on SAVE CHANGES. Do this for each additional photo. The photos will all precede your message. There are other ways of doing this but this is my KISS method.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  12. jnaki

jnaki

Hey S,
    Sorry if you are confused. The writing on the Word Document or Google Docs have rules that speed up and help correct the most common mistakes, spelling, caps, word usage or lack of, etc. That is as simple as possible. Adding in the photos makes any story flow a lot better. But, in posting, copying everything in one swoop and posting in the HAMB box just doesn't allow photos to go where they should. So, the bottom verification is necessary from the HAMB.

Some people use the "upload a file." That is fine if it works all of the time and not in small photos at the bottom of any story. So, of course, as usual, the choice is up to the HAMB reader and person who posts. I like simplification and the Word Document makes it so much easier to type, copy, and post. (corrections and all, included.) Of course, some mistakes pop up, so proof reading is necessary.

Jnaki

Like right now, I corrected several "extra spacing" and commas out of place that showed up when I checked it on the Word Document one last time.

13. lei-car 014.jpg Type the text and add the pictures. Post and go back and edit. The picture is identified by a short string of text that starts with " [ATTACH"and ends with "ATTACH]". Move this short string of text to where you want the picture. On a MAC "command x" will remove the text from where it is located and "command v" will paste it where you want it.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    hbpaint likes this.
  14. squirrel

squirrel

Cut and paste is a complicated skill for old men to learn :)

Sky Six and hbpaint like this.
  15. hbpaint

hbpaint

thanks for the advise