Register now to get rid of these ads!

Picture resize,Help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ibhotrod, Apr 15, 2006.

1. I need help.I've taken a pile of pics of my build up but cann't figure out how to resize the pictures.When I try to post it keeps telling me that the pic size is to large.please help.I've tryed to do a search on it with no luck.May be I'm just wording the search wrong.

2. squirrel

squirrel

we discussed this not long ago....

I don't know what photo editing software you're using, it probably has a way to shrink the size of the images. If you can't figure it out, try using microsoft Paint, which is included in Windows.

load the image file you want to shrink, then go to

then click Stretch/Skew

then pick an amout you want to reduce it to, like 25% or 50%, put the number in both the horizontal and vertical boxes, and click ok.

then go to File and Save As...and USE A NEW FILE NAME WHEN YOU SAVE IT or you will lose the original high resolution picture. Save the new ones in some convenient place like My Pictures, so you can find them again.

then you can open My Documents, then open My PIctures, and then go to "View"...click Details. It will show you the size of the image files. You need to make sure they're less than about 80 KB, otherwise they will be too big to attatch on the HAMB.

3. The program I use that works great and can be had for free from C-net is IRFANVIEW. You can put in the exact size you want or it has stuff like half size . Most of the time I just hit the half size button and my photos will fit on the HAMB. Try this link.
    http://www.download.com/

4. Scott

Scott

Another thing you can do is host your pics on photobucket. they will size themand its just a matter of copy and paste to post them. you can also shrink them. Just my 2 bits. and its freee
    http://photobucket.com/

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I got tired of all the resizing so I changed the settings so that when I down load the pics from the camera to my computer they are all 640 pixels wide. I don't know if that is good or bad. All I know is it's easier for me. It took me a while to figure out how to do it but it saves time in the long run. The 640 width seems to work well. It fills the screen without the dredded scroll bar that can mess up reading the threads for others.

The photogrphers may be cringing now. I don't know. I'm no photographer. I just take pictures.:D

6. If you have MGI PHOTOSUITE; On your computer; Open the picture you want to send. In the top toolbar, left-click on 'adjust', then left-click on 'resize', then enter a number in the 'width' box, the 'height' will automatically change. Go to 'save as' and put in the file you want for sending to the board.

Then, go to the board, in the post box, or post reply box, click on the little paperclip at the top and it will prompt you, giving you a diagram that shows the maximus sizes the board will take,..........luck

7. squirrel

squirrel

That's fine if you never want to see those pictures with all the detail that they originally had. I prefer to save the pictures as 1600x1200 pixels, then resize them as needed for whatever I want to use them for. Also this way I can crop the "garbage" from the edges, and get a small, highly detailed picture, if needed.

I'm not cringing, my first digital camera could only take pics 640x480 pixels big! so lots of my older pics (from 1999-2003) are like that.

8. Thanks for all of the help guys. I used the windows paint idea and it worked.Its a little time consuming but it worked and thats all that mattered to me. Thanks again for the help.

9. Just a tester.

Attached Files:

• 08.jpg
      08.jpg
      File size:
      82.9 KB
      Views: