Register now to get rid of these ads!

Picture/info request:Les Ritchey's 65 Fairlane, 65 Ford drag team

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by apound, Jul 18, 2008.

1. apound

apound

I am reseaching Les Ritchey's 65 Fairlane K-code automatic that ran C/SA in the 60s and need any photos or info anyone has. I found one photo on flickr that shows it with the 1965 Ford drag team. It was also raced by Ron Root, Harold Daigh and Cleat Gan. It was also raced by the Kendig carbureator company in the early 70's. ANYTHING you have will be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. No info other than Les Ritchey's son, Randy still has a shop near LA. Did you find the car?

3. apound

apound

Yes, I'm planning a full resto on it so I'm trying to get all the info I can.

Thanks

4. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

apound, In the April 65 National dragster there is a photo by Tim Marshall of this car. I assume it the April 65 issue since it shows the car running D/SA running 14.49 @ 91.28mph dated April 25 @ Pomona Raceway.

5. hellnback

hellnback

Cleat was my neighbor in the 70's he had 4 of the Kendig cars at Charlie Hale's Paint and Body in Lake Dallas Tx. I remember staring at those things when I should have been working and wishing I had one to fix up! Still have a good mental picture of them!
    Here's the Mercury .....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  6. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Noted author and Ford Drag team afficionato Charlie Morris has info on the car and Les Ritchies' racing exploits..I know he's spoken to Randy as of a few weeks ago for an new book coming out on the Ford Drag team..Charlie's a close friend of mine( best man at his wedding next month) and I can put you in touch with him if you like..

7. apound

apound

Yes I would very much like to speak with him. Thanks!

8. apound

apound

Thanks very much for the photos. Cleat saw them on here and told me about them!