Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects PICS of YOUR CLUB PROJECTS or ACTIVITIES?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clik, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Clik

Clik

I grew up in an area rich in hot rod culture. I now live in a rural mountain area where not many of our local car club members experienced that.

I'd like to find some pics for inspiration to put in our club newsletter. Pics of other clubs doing things other than sitting in lawn chairs.

I know some of ya'll get together and build anti-trophies for your shows. Pics?

Some of ya'll get together and cast your own club plaques. Pics?

Some of ya'll get together and build hot rod art. Pics?

Some of ya'll have a club drag car that you work on. Pics?

Bon Fire parties. Pics?

Any pics that might be inspirational would be appreciated.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  2. We don't host car shows anymore but for years we sponsored a huge indoor car show at the National Guard Armory here in town and always during the winter wnen people were looking for something to do.

Our club enjoys having a fall leaf runs, and we don't attend out of town shows as a club now, mainly because age and health has caused problems for some but several of us still attend the distant shows together.

We also meet up and drive our cars to a agreed destination for breakfast once a month, the family's are welcome to attend and we get together for a picnic and invite past members to attend.

We have also started planning our 50 th year anniversary blowout and will be sending out invitations to every member and inviting their children and grandchildren.

We had well over a hundred people at the 40th which was at the new farmers market with a big BBQ and had a great time, catching up with some that had moved away and seeing grown adults that we remember when they were born.

Admittedly, our club has been a huge part of our lives, we started out as guys that had a interest in older cars when all of our other friends were buying new cars, the old cars brought us together but more importantly we have become life long friends, we have seen each others kids grow up and now they have children, we have been to weddings and unfortunately we have been there when we were needed to be pallbearers.

I can only hope your club has the longevity and friendships we have enjoyed. HRP

LOU WELLS likes this.
  3. Clik

Clik

Thanks for the kind words. I was hoping to inspire these guys to get out of their recliners for more than an occasional cruise-in. Air Conditioning and two hundred channels on TV is quite a competitor.

4. hank100

hank100
    from san diego

We have a club in San Diego CA. called the Road Ramblers. We try really hard to almost create peer pressure into keep members working on their projects. It really works well. The older members that have wisdom help the young members with stamina. We spend at least one day a month at a club members house to help with any projects. I dont have any pictures but have a video.

Sent from my SM-N950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

juan motime and Clik like this.

5. Clik

Clik

Cool video.