Register now to get rid of these ads!

pics of my truck at Indy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jake//NC\\Mi, Aug 26, 2005.

1. jake//NC\\Mi

jake//NC\\Mi
    from michigan

here are some resent pics of the truck at Indy enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. very kool, nice pics!

Joel

3. peanut

peanut

that kicks all forms of ass!!!!!!!

4. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

jesus how many of those jimmy shine look alikes are there. damn, good looking truck but so are the 25 other copykats.

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

Looks damn nice to me .... how about a run down on it and some close up pictures .

6. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I don't know Jake, this Casey guy might be right... maybe you should have built something unique, like this...

http://www.caseyscustoms.com/57.jpg

7. ian

ian

That came out real nice. It's lookin' good for sure. Specs?

8. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

9. Richard

Richard
    from Rocklin,CA

SICK I heart your truck.Rich

10. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

naw not my 57 not custom enough if he wanted something really tricked out, he should try all the crazy fabrication that went into this. have you ever seen one as crazy as that joe :D

Attached Files:

11. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

Cool got anymore?

12. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

yeah,,i remeber I "STOOK up" for caseycasem,when EVERYBODY was bashing his "UNIQUE" to put it nicley ,,rides.... before he joined up on the HAMB ,,,hahahahaha,,dont get too big for your "BRITCHES" cassey,..hahhahaa

oh yeah,,,JAKE<,,your truck looks FUCKIN RAD<<<<!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Stone

Stone

Nice truck Jake.

14. Squablow

Squablow

The truck certainly looks like fun, how streetable is it? Looks real low.

15. Alfster

Alfster

A good mate of mine built one of those down here in New Zealand nearly 30 years ago. I have many fond memories of road trips in it with WAY too much booze on board. It was recently rebuilt with Hemi power and featured in CKD.

Does that then make Jimmy Shine's a lookalike? Is everyone that builds a '32 hiboy just building a look alike? Or an A hiboy or whatever? No, that's just the way hot rodding goes. We could never have, or even want a situation where if someone builds a hot rod no one could ever build another like it. (Maybe the exception to that could be a red '34 Ford coupe?)

Maybe the saying is true. I just want to be different, just like everyone else.

Anyway, NICE truck.

16. jake//NC\\Mi

jake//NC\\Mi
    from michigan

I drove it home from Indy to Grand rapids MI that weekend took 5 hours ran great but I had a sore ass.

17. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

damn kid. you realy don't know when to keep your big yap shut do ya?? Jake was doing some of the wildest fabrication you ever dreamed of while your momma was still wipin your ass for ya.

i was tempted to defend you myself at one point in time. till i saw that you were just ASKING for an ass REAMING. hows your foot taste?? come back when you can build something that is'nt a flyin pile off dog shit.

for what it's worth. Shine has seen Jake's truck and digs the shit out of it.

as for drivability: well, Jake is braver than I. he drove that motherfucker all the way back from Indy to the far west side of Michigan, west of Grand Rapids. thats alot of miles with flathead power boys and girls. i few weeks ago i saw him drive it home from a picnic in some SERIOUSLY heavy rain. people in brand new cars with WINDSHIELD WIPERS were pulling off to the side of the road to wait out the storm, but Jake kept his foot in the gas and both hands on the wheel and floored it for home. he beat us there by ten minutes and we started out right behind him in our late model daily drivers. i guess those skinny OLD bias plys are'nt so bad afterall.

feel free to come back when you have something USEFULL to share and you've succesfully pulled your incredibly large head out of you ass.

you beat me to the response Jake. by the way, the pics are AWESOME. who took em??

18. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

UM SAMMY. what the fuck are those THINGS you posted pics of??? i know the one started as a 56 Chevy, likely a 4 door by the looks of things, but WHY??? thats more of CrackheadCustoms work is'nt it??? :rolleyes:

19. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

my buddy Tito calls stuff like that "Well executed bad ideas"

20. Chrome Shop Mafia

Chrome Shop Mafia

Awesome pix...

TTYL.

Later, peace...

Troy.

21. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I love the trend but I really have to know how much you can drive it without dragging the belly off. I couldn't get across town where I live. Nice work BTW

22. jake//NC\\Mi

jake//NC\\Mi
    from michigan

I have about 3 1/2" of ground clearance. I have'nt had any problems with it draging bottom. I drive it everywhere except I avoid speed bumps.

23. rsg2506

rsg2506

Awesome stance! It looks evil in those photos. Do you have any shots of the interior?

24. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Real nice truck, Jake...

I have a buddy that has a bad mustang (who doesn't) that is "starting to come around." I sent him a B&W of your truckand I think it pushed him over the edge. Last night at the cruise in, he said, "Man, that truck you sent me kicks a**!" What are the specs? For about the last month, he's been slowly coming my way.......wanting a truck. I've let him borrow my MFS DVD's (his cable is out...he's watched them 10 times each) and sending him pics of stuff from the HAMB.

Share the fab specs with us......build your own frame, how much kick in the rear, how much in the front, etc......

Every time he comes to my house, he climbs all over my roadster.....studying it...

nice, nice rod!

25. Skimmer

Skimmer

I love your truck ,what more can i say

26. Pinball

Pinball
    from lowell, mi

i was told you sold it!?

27. jake//NC\\Mi

jake//NC\\Mi
    from michigan

I have a guy here in town who wants it and has the $ when I am ready to get rid of it. I have a few more shows to bring it to I am still having to much fun with it.

jake

28. jake//NC\\Mi

jake//NC\\Mi
    from michigan

Some of the specs are...It's a 34 cab and bed, chopped 6in., channeled 5in., the bed has been shortened 2feet, the wheel base has been stretched to 124in. I built my own frame, it's kicked up 4in. in the front and 14in. in the rear. It has a 51 flathead truck mill, a T5 tranny, 41 ford front axle, and a 41 ford rear end converted to open drive shaft. If you want to check it out I'll be at a show in Dayton Ohio on the 10th and 11th of September. The address to the show is www.assinthegrasscarshow.com.

Jake

29. jake//NC\\Mi

jake//NC\\Mi
    from michigan

Here's a picture of the frame.

Attached Files:

30. arkracing

arkracing

Sweet truck, Awesome work...wish my frame looked that good.

how does it handle with the 124" wheelbase? is it hard to turn/park? Do you know what the stock wheelbase of the '32-'34 p/u's is?..I was just told it was 112" but i thought it was 118" :confused:

Maybe i'm not thinking straight