Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics of my T -- rough but running--misc. thoughts.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarliner, Aug 27, 2004.

1. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Here are a few pics of my T.Would not be on the road without help from several people,some Hambers,some not.I made it to the Hamb Drags,had to haul it,hated to do that, but I had some tranny issues,and wanted to make the drags for sure.Made about six passes with it, lost all of them, but still had one hell of a great time.Met some really nice people,theres no people better than Hamb folks!
    To make a long story short, this car was built in about three months,and was not running at 12.00 a.m. friday night of the Hamb Drags weekend.I owe a big thanks to Choprods, he could of left with the rest of the guys friday afternoon and made it to the drags in time to take it all in, but he stayed behind to help me get this thing running so I could go too.All this after building his A roadster and doing a 54 chevy truck, both in the last two months before the drags.We didnt arrive at the drags until around 6:30 sat night, causing him to miss, the 66 cruise and several other things.But we made it had a ton of fun and it was well worth the effort.Thanks Choprods!Its rough but running!Now I plan on finishing up the many lose ends and enjoying it.

Attached Files:

2. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

another

Attached Files:

3. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

last one.

Attached Files:

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Nice!!! Those last minute thrashes are almost unavoidable especially when your trying to make an event. Looks like you have a real beauty there. Now that it's done drive the wheels off it.

Frank

5. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Hey Roger...glad to see that little jalopy of yours all assembled! [​IMG]

You've sure come a long way with it in the short time since I last saw it...looks like ya done GOOD, Bro! I'll have to drive out to Missouri again sometime and check it out in person!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Assdragger

Assdragger

Hey Reggie, We better start our thrashes right now if were gonna make the T coupe grudge match next year!! [​IMG]

It`ll be the battle of the low buck tall boys!

7. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Kool cr, glad I got to see it.
    Nice to meet you.
    Hope to see you again.

8. Greezy

Greezy

Reggie was glad to see that you got it together in time. Tie up those lose ends and DRIVE the hell out of it. Assdragger C'mon lets just wait till the last week before the drags next year to get yours done....NOT! Lets get er done.

9. Reggie....now you know what brothers are for. Choprods is a helluva guy anyway, even if he wasn't your brother. The T roadster is done in the finest traditional spirit for a car with a body that straight....heh heh....
    The 51-52 hubcaps look like they belong. Stay on it and you'll have a really dependable car there..

10. Tman

Tman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

DI I even say Hi to you? There were so many folks there, I barely saw Kenny [​IMG]

BTW, the car looks great, how do the cycle tires feel in the front?

11. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Thanks for all the good comments guys.
    Fab 32-Thanks I plan on driving it a load.
    Fat Hack-Ive been busy since you were here.
    Tony-Greezy- I think Im gonna get started, on whatever I plan to drive next year,today, so I might be close,when the drags roll around!
    Jim- enjoyed meeting you and your wife,wish I hadnt held Kenny up, we might have made your get together,maybe next year.Really nice folks!
    Rocky-yea if your gonna have family-choprods would be my pick!Damn handy to have around!
    T-man- I really didnt want to run the cycle tires,just couldnt swing for the skinny bias tires,but you know they really do work pretty good.Suprised me how well they worked.

And guys, dont let the high gloss finish fool you,Ive have around 3 grand in this thing so far,including the super teflon coated non-stick fire wall-better known as a 4.78 wal-mart cake pan!

Attached Files:

12. Rusty

Rusty

Man that is Sweet. Great to here another Hot Rod has hit the streets

13. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Reg, you forgot to mention that you won your class too! What a way for a hotrod to start its life.

14. Kustm52

Kustm52

Enjoyed hanging out with you in the parking lot last week, nice job on the car, especially the windshield. Hey, did you sell both of those tanks you brought? I kicked myself later for not getting one of them...

Brian

15. beatnik

beatnik

The T has a lot of cool ideas, I especially like the way you did the cage work and the single hoop roll bar. It was cool to meet both you an Chop Rods again, both you guys thrashed and made the event, and that rules.

16. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I already told you once at the drags...but you nailed the shape on that windshield - really fits the car.

17. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Reggie,
    It was fun running against you and at night no less. It was a little dark down there at the end of the track, but like you said it was nice to run someone side by side. If you and Kenny are not doing anything next weekend it is the "Greaserama". Just a little FYI.

I like the cake pan, and the thing that tops it off is the "Bakers secret". Isn't your last name Baker?

[​IMG]
    Chris Nelson
    Kansas

18. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Thanks guys,
    dirty,so glad to have it on the road.
    Reggie,glad to finally meet you,all us Reggie's are some cool people! Right!Wish I had got a chance to see your car,to bad about the bad luck you had on the cruise.I think beatnik won the class, his car ran circles around mine.But just having this thing on the road, makes me feel like a winner, and meeting everyone was a blast.
    Brian, raven 61 got the other fuel tank,says he may use it on his paige roadster project.May have another if you get real desperate for one.
    Beatnik, great to meet you and Denise, I have a real respect some one that drives a T roadster all over the country,thats hardcore, your car is killer.
    Grimlok, thanks for the compliment, a lot of the real good ideals on this car belong to choprods, he brain stormed a lot of them and did a lot of the work.
    Chris, yes Baker is my last name, so I just left the sticker on the pan,thought it was cool.I would like to go to Grease-o but not sure if I will have the funds,seems to be a big problem as of late.
    Thanks again guys, talk to you all later.Reggie.

Attached Files: