Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics of gauge panels or consoles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Philbilly, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Philbilly

Philbilly

I'm trying to decide where to mount my gauges for my air ride in my '64 Biscayne. I am thinking about building a console to put those in as well as my gauges for oil pressure and water temp. I don't want to mount them under the dash since I will eventually install a/c. How did y'all mount your gauges? Did you make a custom console or what? If you have pics, please post? I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Phil

2. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Check out early (pre65) custom magazines...see where those guys were putting the gauges and switches. You'll find out they weren't.

This is 'traditional' HOW???? I was around when folks were fixing up brand new 64 Impalas...nobody was doing air bags.

3. Philbilly

Philbilly

I'm not getting into if air bags are traditional or not. I just wanted to see pics of gauges in consoles or something custom made. I'm also looking at getting some stewart werner gauges, but don't want to hang them under the dash since I will be installing a/c later.

4. KandN Kustoms

KandN Kustoms

heres a simple little "dash extension" i made for mine.
    Even had room for a cupholder too!
    Hows that for traditional?
    [​IMG]

5. Philbilly

Philbilly

I wonder if I can mount gauges in a tissue dispenser. I've seen people mount cd players in there. The more I think about it, the more I want to hide them. Where do y'all hide gauges at?