Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics of gassers??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustumizer, Jan 1, 2004.

1. monsterflake

monsterflake

i love this statement, you're the man groucho...

2. straightaxlenova

straightaxlenova

Here's some shots of my '65 Nova drag car. It has a 383 small block in it with a 5 speed Lenco transmission. I ran it injected on alcohol for 5 years, and recently went to a 6-71 on alcohol. It currently runs low 9s -9.27 @142 mph, and a best 1/8th mile at 5.70- @ 120 mph with a 1.27 60' . I am going to increase the boost to run an 8.60 index soon.
    A short video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFGnPwBel0E

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. moparron426

moparron426

C5Cruiser nice roadster but It's not a picture of a gasser. not even close:confused:
    well they call those front wheels ET gassers :D:cool: Ron..

4. Gasser57

Gasser57

Pocono Rat, GREAT PICS!! They help to show the un-informed masses what the early gas classes actually looked like. Keep 'em coming...

5. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Attached Files:

6. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

:p:p:p:p:p

Attached Files:

7. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

;);););););)

Attached Files:

8. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Attached Files:

9. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Attached Files:

10. mrtc4w

mrtc4w

I'm not speaking from experience, but this looks like a real handful to drive!!!

Thanks for the pics (again) Bronxmopar1

Marty

Attached Files:

11. Man, I LOVE that car! I saw it run a few years ago. I think it was injected with a 4-speed then (hi 10's?). It was really fun to watch. I talk about it with your buddy Riley Guildner whenever I run into him.

12. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Oh Shit, look at me red lighting. That must have been at the Atco race I met you at in the 2nd round.:mad:

13. I sure loved looking at those striped sedan deliveries. I remember a few different ones. Those pics of National Speedway remind me how I used to beg the older guys to take me with them there:mad:. Never did. I also remember all the east coast magazines testing there. I had National Speedway embroidered on a jacket a couple years ago

14. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Now THAT'S what you do with a solid axle Corvette!

15. mrtc4w

mrtc4w

While looking for some pictures I came across my pictures from Milan, MI Dragway taken in May 1970. I don't know if this was the only Gasser there or I ran out of film before I could take more pictures. Sorry for the quality, I think it was probaly taken with a 110 Instamatic.

[​IMG]

Marty

16. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

I could be mistaken, but I believe that the Ford is one of those "Powered by Chevy" kind of Fords !!:eek:

17. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

No prob mrtc4w, glad you enjoy'd them.
    I have my screensaver set up so it roll's through all my pic's I sit here for hours at a time just watching,

cgaswillys yeah that was me @ Atco, we did good that day we won the whole event. Sorry about the big red pic LOL I didnt noitce that. Im getting closer day by day, Motors in, cage is done, steering figured out now its just plumbing, wiring, and a wining lottery ticket to get it done.

Attached Files:

18. Algon

Algon

That would be a shame, but it still has to be blast to drive. Roth had an FE powered 55 Chevy that makes me laugh for the irony of it, but I like FEs and 55 Chevys too so why not? There has always been theirs vs ours but many of the coolest cars defy brand loyalty and then there are those that make me wonder why they gave up on a "better" powerplant that came in the car... Then again I'm building the VW with the Algon injected 289 in it so what do I know? Then again its built right from the old books as a C/Altered not a Gas car, unless someone forgave the soild axle,wheelbase, spindle mounts, engine set back etc...

Attached Files:

19. Algon

Algon

We had "Catch Me if you Can" at a shop I worked at, to get the brakes updated:eek: the owner skipped out on his bill too. Its a shame that car was really bad ass but every time I see it, it gets closer and closer to a street rod. Hopefully the engine got some attention, it had the most pathetic sounding BBC in it I've ever heard.

Attached Files:

20. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Yes, it still would have to be a blast to drive, and its still a very cool (and fast ) car ! I was just bringing that fact to your attention, mainly for fun ! Perhaps c/gaswillys can confirm this ?

21. mrtc4w

mrtc4w

1970 Indy Nats:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Marty

22. straightaxlenova

straightaxlenova

Thanks for the compliment, Groucho.
    I was running a Jerico 4 speed until a couple of years ago, when I installed the Lenco. I'll be running C/gas at the March Meet, if you make it there, stop on by. We always keep plenty of refreshments on hand!

23. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Yes, it is Chevy powered, best way to make a Ford fast is put a Chevy in it.:eek: I'm ducking from all the stuff the Ford guys are now throwing at me. LOL!!! They have on the back window "Ford Tough With Chevy Stuff"

24. Nice pics! Anglia's sporting the "poor man's" narrowed rear axle of the day, by using Olds Toronado or Caddy Eldorado front wheel drive positive offset rims to help get the slicks under the fenders (at least a little).

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  25. Larry T

Larry T

The Toronado wheels helped some, but there wasn't anyway of getting the tire under the car without narrowing the rear frame rails and redoing the tubs. The slicks rubbed the front inside on my old car and probably didn't have half the slick in the wheelwell.

We were talking about narrowing frame rails and rearends on Byron's Gasser e-mail group the other day. Anyone have any idea when it started?
    Larry T

[​IMG]

26. metalman

metalman

img024.jpg
    My 37 Chevy and a guy named Phil Beatty's Austin around 1982. We were just bracket racing but the track kept pairing us together, crowd loved it!

27. rjarret1

rjarret1

The willys sedan"Catch me if you can" belonged to a friend of mine years ago in Zanesville Oh. it had a badass 427 bbc in it then.He sold and a few years later had another one he bought.We flamed it and he had it lettered, but it said "Bad Company" on it and ran a smallblock chevy

28. rjarret1

rjarret1

And I don't understand why the cars have to be stereo typed or classified.If you like it enjoy it,If you don't turn the page

29. I'll be at the March Meet (Fri-Sat). Looking forward to watching you run again