Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics of body bracing 37 sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swingcatt, Feb 2, 2009.

1. swingcatt

swingcatt

Hey guys, making progress on the 37, getting ready to yank the frame out from under it, but the floorboard is in such bad shape, I'm worried about putting it on the rotisserie just yet. Can somebody post some pics of where I should weld in some supports? I'm thinking criss-crossing from the top of the apillar to the opposite side rear fender-well, but I've never done this, so I don't know.

The plan now is to throw some angel thru the door openings and support it from the roof, until we can get something under it. Thoughts on the roof supporting the rest of the body until we can get something underneath it? It's lead soldered, so I guess that stuff will hold.

Thanks! Swingcatt

2. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

O.K., I'm guessin' this is a Ford Sedan we're talkin'?

Any braces you add should be with future access to the required fab and welding work in mind. I'd tie all of the door openings together with the cowl and rear wheelhouse area. Say a brace at the A to B post, a brace from B to C post and I'd tie the posts across as well. The cross braces would best be kept as low as possible to the sill areas, but not so close as to get in the way of your welding in new floor or sills. I'd leave the glass in place until you have the floors and sills well tacked in.

Swankey Devils C.C.
    " It's time for another Tea Party!"

3. swingcatt

swingcatt

Thanks PP...it's a Chevy actually, but you make a good point about keeping the braces out of the way of the fab work! Hopefully this will all work and I won't be making more work for myself!!! - Swingcatt