Register now to get rid of these ads!

*Pics* Model A build-lookout Chopperman!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sloppyseconds, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Intrested in seeing how you mounted your 35/36 rear bones to the frame.

2. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I noticed the spring too. I would be a bit sketched out with it. The car looks great though.

How tall is the rear kick-up?

3. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

The rear spring actually came out of an early 50s hot rod...He never had any problems with it. It was in his roadster PU for 18 years. So I dont know...It was free so I took it. The wishbones mounting are kinda hidden cuase I used hymjoints...Yuck!!! but thats what I used. Ill get some more pics up this weekend. Im working on the rims right now...they should be finsihed this weekend. Just gotta save up for the hubcaps for the wheel covers now...130 bucks each!! Ouch.. Should also have the T5 adapter for the throwout bearing this weekend, so I can bolt up the trans and hang the driveshaft...Still waiting on chrome.

4. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Oh sorry...also its a 53 F-100 box...dueceniner

5. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Okay...dont beat me up guys but I havent worked all that much on the car, but Ill get up some pics on Sunday.

6. brown n down

brown n down

loving the gold on black!! thins thing will look killer when it done!!

7. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Heres what I got done....ot the backing plates bolted up brakes installed and drums torqued down to alot of fucking lbs.... Oh and my stainless perches and shacles are on too...Still waiting for the chrome!!! Ill get more work done this week I promise!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 34Chrysler

34Chrysler

9. stunning assembly.

Nice job, and l like the chrome accents.

What type of paint are you using for the frame and rear end?

10. AHotRod

AHotRod

11. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

The Paint is just Single stage Nasons black...nothing fancy spratyed through my fancy 10 dollar HLVP gun from Our favorite Harbor Frieght!

12. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where did you get those F1 style shock mounts?? I used a stainless set that look almost the same as that, had to weld in a hefty strengthening plate to the inside of the rail as the spacing on the bolts put them very close to the top and bottom of the rails. Even then I was worried about the strength.

Aside from that, this is one sweet build mate. your attention to detail is impressive.
    Doc.

13. Rusty

Rusty

Very nice, finally something going to be finished. I like yourstyle and of coarse I love the Caddy and the chrome goodies,

Rusty

14. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

I did plate the inside where they bolt up...they were very close to the edge but I added 3/16 plate on the inside bout 4 inches long so they should be fine.

15. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Nice work. You just got to love A 5 window coupe.

16. Dirty2

Dirty2

Very nice !!! Love the caddy !!

17. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Sorry guys...been a slow week. Still waiting on chrome and was busy getting the 55 Buick ready for the back to the Beach...but I got back last night. Here are a few pics of what i got done. A little wiring
    [​IMG]
    Some hose clamps
    [​IMG]
    Oh and boys and girls...this is why you dont work on brakes when youre tired...I had to redo the rear wheel cylinders after I realized I had put the in reverse...haha oh well Its fixed now
    [​IMG]

18. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

19. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Oh and I made the screws for the adapter from caddy to flathead. Turns out they down make a slot flathead 7/16-14 screw...I did. bolted up the flatty to T5 adaptor to check for clearence too...I gotta take it all off when I get the correct clutch cover
    [​IMG]

20. Tin Can

Tin Can

Amazing build. Very nice attention to detail. I like the gold and black togeather. What kind of front spring are you using? How much did you kick the front frame up?

21. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Thanks for the support....Im just a 25 year old punk kid trying to make it in the hot rodding world...
    For your questions...I am using a model A front spring that I reversed the eyes on and removed a few leaves. No kick up in the frame, but I did raise the center section of the crossmember an inch. The kick in the rear is just to level out the bigs and littles...I like my cars level.

22. LTM75110

LTM75110

Very nice,Great detail..

23. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

i just wanted to invite everyone down to check out the coupes progress after the reliability run on sat. e-mail me for directions

24. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

AH-HA!!!! Gonna have some progress pics this weekend. The chrome guy had some stuff done tonight! I know Iknow I should be workingon it now...Ill get to it tom afternoon.

25. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Heres the weekly update! Got a few things done.... Got the U-bolts backfrom the chrome guy
    [​IMG]
    Got some brake lines on
    [​IMG]
    Bolted up the trailing arms and finished polishing the bolts for the rear end bells
    [​IMG]
    Oh and started on a few patch panles for the body
    [​IMG]

26. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Got my axle back and my 48 arms back from the chromer...These next pics might look like I actually got some stuff done!!! Still looking arround So-CAl for a clutch reuilder.

27. Chopperman

Chopperman

sure is PURDY....

28. kropduster

kropduster

i'm normally not a fan of channelled coupes, but that sits really good. nice work:cool:

i also like the fact that you are painting, plating and polishing. seems like nobody does that anymore (at least on channelled A coupes:rolleyes: ). with the prices the chrome shops are charging i can totally understand it though. theres only one chrome shop around here and they would have charged at least $500 to polish and chrome an axle....:eek: .

29. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Yeah...It strays frommy traditional, but Im running a super-bell axle. My chrome guy almost fell over when I brought it in. He said he used to be super-bells chromer back in its hey-day, he was thinking that my axle might be about the 4000th one he has done.....

30. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Thanks Chopperman....I guess you beat me to the girst ride arround the block, maybe we could get a few Hambers over and y'all could push me arround the block and make engine noises!