Register now to get rid of these ads!

pics from american car day, woodend, cristchurch, nz.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kiwijeff, Nov 8, 2009.

1. i went over to woodend just out of christchurch for the USA car show today. lots of cool cars, some hamb friendly, some not. i took lots of pics but ill try not to show anything uncool. there were 3 to 4 hundred cars. awesome day, we had a ball.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  2. there where a few studes there, but the pics didnt come out great. this bomber had nice paint.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  3. the blue ford ute was cool and the c cab is pretty new.

Attached Files:

4. i can only load 4 at a time. this may take awhile.

Attached Files:

5. love these tail lights.

Attached Files:

6. it was a real relaxing show. you could move around freely and there never seemed to be a problem taking pics with people getting in your way.

Attached Files:

7. the terraplane was cool. this 40 chev truck was signwritten by my buddy gonk.

Attached Files:

8. this nomad was real clean like the engine in the cad. sorry, i cocked up the pic of cad but had to show it anyway so you can see what the engine lives in.

Attached Files:

9. cool 36.

Attached Files:

10. Cool...:cool:

Attached Files:

11. i have long liked desotos. this 34 was my favorite. love all this art deco carry on. its so hiddeous, how could you not love it?!

Attached Files:

12. some art shots. the v8 chopper isnt hamb material but it was cool.

Attached Files:

13. the 32 roadster is an old christchurch hot rod.

Attached Files:

14. check out the steering wheel.

Attached Files:

15. chevrolet campers! a couple of chevy trucks and a police car.

Attached Files:

16. some more art shots.

Attached Files:

17. skinnys gasser sign written by gonk and an old indian and v8 chopper.

Attached Files:

18. another desoto and a couple of fords.

Attached Files:

19. and thats almost all of em.

Attached Files:

20. except for i saved my favorite till last. this is an old rod from the 70s.

Attached Files:

21. after these last pics, im going to put a vid or two on. the very last pic was taken on the way to the show.

Attached Files:

22. heres dennis in his old hot rod heading home.<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QD9TGepUg-Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QD9TGepUg-Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> that some more of gonks work on the cowl.

23. dont see to many around now days. i saw a thread on these things a while back.

24. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Thanks for taking the time to post those pics. Looked like a great show! You guys have beautiful scenery over there too!

-Chris

25. thanks Chris. i had to put the scenery shot in as the day was to good not to.

26. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Looks like you guys had a good time. Can't imagine how hard it must be to get parts to do repairs. Very cool!

27. doc, we dont have any trouble getting parts here. theres hot rod shops everywhere just like a lot of countries now days. hot rodding sure has taken off world wide which is evident by the amount of people on this board. its a bueatiful thing. oh, and your avatars cool.

28. swifty

swifty

Thanx for the pics and taking the time to post them. Is this the show called Americana? There's a couple of Christchurch rodders and their wives over here doing the John's Picnic, Croydon Swap, Bright Rod Run and Bendigo Swap and we were talking about your biggest runs at Bright on the weekend.

Loved your scenery shot, looks so green while it's drying off real quick over here. Got my first snake yesterday but you don't have that problem LOL

swifty

29. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

Man, that SuperVee is an uncommon bike around here...really odd to see one down under.

30. swifty, it was called USA day, i got the title wrong. Americana is coming to the south island though. its in invercargill and may end up in christchurch too. you guys have some great events to, ive been to wintersun and i love willowbank raceway. skajaquada, the super vee was the first one ive ever seen, but we do have a healthy bike scene here. a mate owns an 08 screaming eagle V rod and a screaming eagle dresser which he just crashed and spent 14 hours in a ditch before he was found. hes going to be ok, not sure how the bike is though.