Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage +++ Pics / FRI & SAT - LEAD EAST 2010 +++

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Sep 3, 2010.

1. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Yep, that's Skip's ride allright. Has been pretty much the same since the mid 60s. Everyone talks about how much they drive their cars, well last I knew he had nearly 300,000 miles on his. Still looks decent for all the wear and tear over the years. Early Hemi with 4 97s on it, just proves you don't need a sbc to have a reliable driver.
    We caught up with him coming home and ran back on the Merrit Pkwy with him. Makes a nice ride with a couple of old bombs running through the shaded turns of the parkway.

I actually thought the show was much better this year than the last bunch of years. Car count was up, new builds, less rat rod style cars etc... Every show has a few loser cars, but there seemed to be way less this year. Personally I focus on how many cars I like, not how many turn me off.
    As Teddy said earlier, this is a huge party. The cars are a PART of it, not all of it. Some people get it, others...

2. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

You can find my pics HERE ...

CLICK HERE

3. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Nice job ..Buddy !!!

4. p0nyb0y

p0nyb0y

what a creature i had to spit the beer out that was in my mouth when i saw that.

5. windsor mike

windsor mike

dont forget the viper

6. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

all those newer cars have been slipping in for years , even before the cutoff was raised to 72
    the girls are too busy at registration and the people who bring them in have no respect

7. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

[​IMG]

I'll put that car's odometer up against any other street driven rod......East or West coast.

The early days:
    [​IMG]

8. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I guess registration needs to get back to school and learn how to count the years

Attached Files:

9. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Plastic East 2011!

10. That slammed Caddy did go up, he was cruisin around Sat nite. That thing is just badass!!!!!!!

11. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

A lot of cars, but most you just walked by and shook your head or smiled at the ridiculousness. An 81 "customized" Malibu Station Wagon in lot A, full of kids dressed like hot rodders. They paid their 150 bucks for the spot I guess, along with some folks that had a bunch of shit just thrown together for fun for the show, but I can respect that. A lot of stuff over '72 both Sat and Sun., including one of the winners, an 80s Dodge omni mini pickup, or whatever they were called. That was curious, but then again they had the Mayor of Parsippany judging, so it was anything goes I guess.

10 bucks to park, 20 bucks to get in, so it felt like a bit of a trap, but it was beautiful weather and a pretty interesting spectacle. How many times can you see 1500 cars in one place. Some are bound to be shitboxes. But a lot were cool, nice cars built by their owners. My take away from the day: damn there are a lot of GTOs in North Jersey, and what do they have to do with leadsleds?

12. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Yeah you get what you pay for...We saw a lot of very sweet kustoms and a few very nice hot rods. All the rest did not register in my brain. I took away only what I liked. And the Kustoms coming out of NJ are BAD ASS. Here are some shots I took.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509299

Enjoy. Slim

13. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

How can you pick 4 Plastic cars for the TOP PICKS when 2 our Terry Cooks own DECO RIDES CRAP built cars. Just my 2cents
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

14. bonesy

bonesy

Thanks for taking the time to post all those pictures. Looks good.

15. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

..........me....................... And mcphail.........

16. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Well, I'm glad it landed on the East Coast, so's I could see it. It really is a cool car. Just don't tell McPhail. ;)

17. RoadWarrior13

RoadWarrior13
    from Louisiana

I can't stand it when people shorten old cars . I hate it .. WHY ?

18. Possibly one of these????

Attached Files: