Register now to get rid of these ads!

PICS-COLUMBIA MO.-SWAP MEET!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarliner, Feb 21, 2004.

1. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Just wanted to post a few pics. of the columbia mo. swap meet.A few Hambers got together-had a great breakfast-and then went lookin for bargins.Those at breakfast were Greezy,Weeds,Visor,and others,forgive me,if I left anyone out,I know I have,but to be truthful,Im not good at remembering names,and others were there and some good people were left out.Also ran into Atch and Mo-Junk at the swap and had some good visits.Anyway heres some pics. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

The first pic was of the 63 diner we ate breakfast at.Heres an over all view of the outside stuff.

Attached Files:

3. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

model a coupe-if you own it speak up,I didnt get names,very cool though.

Attached Files:

4. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

cool ford coupe for sale,I believe was from K.C.

Attached Files:

5. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

CLOSE UP OF MODEL A /CAD ENGINE.

Attached Files:

6. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

EARLY VETTE AND MODEL A COUPE.

Attached Files:

7. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

VIEW OF SOME OF THE PARTS.

Attached Files:

8. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

YELLOW STUDE

Attached Files:

9. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

MORE OVER ALL STUFF.

Attached Files:

10. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

LAST PIC,SHOE BOX FOR SALE, HAD A GOOD DAY AND VISITED WITH SOME COOL FOLKS AND IT WAS A GOOD BREAK FROM THE WINTER BLUUUUUUES!NOW I GOT A LITTLE INSPIRATION TO GET HOME AND HIT THE T ROADSTER A LITTLE HARDER.

Attached Files:

11. Greezy

Greezy

It was good to see everyone again been awhile for some. Didnt find anything I needed though...maybe time to start another project.

12. McGrath

McGrath

I managed to get a brand new Aluminum Radiator for $150 because the mounting flanges were bent up. 15 minutes with a Hammer and Dolly took care of that. Got home around 1:00 and had it installed by 3:30.

I got there when they first opened up and it was freezing assed cold, so we went straight inside the building. Came out a couple hours later and it had turned into a pretty nice day. That Anglia was in pretty good shape, but some of the other cars they had there weren't even worth crushing...

13. Assdragger

Assdragger

Never did see you Reggie....or Weeds, saw everybody else though.
    Carried a 400 block in the building for a buddy of mine, I was alright until I took it off of my shoulder...I`m feeling it now!
    I bought a Hemi, lots of wheels, 36 bones from BenD and a couple other Items...all together...a good day!

BTW, the Cad powered A-coupe belongs to David Pace, not on the HAMB but a good guy.

14. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Sounds like you both had a pretty good day.Tony, dont you get enough of moving heavy stuff for other people,during the week?I bought some tail lights for Choprods,saw a lot of cool stuff,but left before the temptation got me.Seems like to me,this swap is growing every year.I hope it continues to grow,it makes the winters a little shorter around here.

Attached Files:

15. McGrath

McGrath

It didn't seem to be much bigger than last year(to me), but the ratio of Dirt Track vs Rod stuff seemed to be a little better this year.

16. JamesG

JamesG

How far from Little Rock, AR. was this swap? I might need to make the next one!

17. McGrath

McGrath

Columbia is pretty close to dead center of MO...

18. atch

atch

1low,

i occasionally have to go to LR on business. flight connections are terrible; you gotta go through at least st. louis &/or tulsa/OKC/dallas. with plane switches & layovers it usually takes at least as long to fly as it does to drive.

i've driven four different routes and i don't believe you can make it in less than 8 hours.

unless you're looking for sbc roundy round stuff i wouldn't bother. i live 15 minutes from the fairgrounds and it's just barely worth my while. i counted 4 vendors with ANYTHING pre-war. and one of those only had one gaugeless model a dash panel. the other three are friends that i can go see any time i want. two of them are hambers.

on the other hand, if you wanted some new shiney wheels, sbc blocks or parts, intake manifolds, etc., you would have been in heaven.

19. JamesG

JamesG

Thanks atch. IF you fella's ever get down to this neck of the woods on Father's Day weekend coem to Pettit Jean Mountain for the big show/swap meet. It's huge......