Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Pics: 1974 Street Rod Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Graham Hood, Jan 10, 2017.

1. ..................................Thanks for that update. Would love to see it out again. What a sweet '40.
    Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  2. roddin-shack

Thanks for the memories. I was there but my 48 Monarch Convt. was not captured but the photo of my buddies 34 Ford panel "Teds Vintage Tin" was great to see again.
    Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. CAHotRodBoy

What an awesome thread! I turned 18 in 1974 and had been a hot rod freak since a kid reading R&C and Hot Rod and Car Craft magazines. It would be a few years later (after several muscle cars) before I got my first real street rod (early 80's) and by then the 70's look was fading fast with M&M color paint jobs, tweed interiors and billet crap taking over.

So great to look at all these photos that brings us back to a simpler time when we were all so young! Seems like we had more fun and everyone wasn't so angry all the time. Glad this thread has been kept around and sure would like to see a HAMB section for late 60's and 70's style rods. Going to be redoing my '34 three window (not my avatar but a full fendered chopped top coupe) and seriously been thinking about going with slotted aluminum's, wide bias tires (front and rear) and maybe replacing the dropped axle with a stocker. :cool:
    brad2v likes this.