Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Pickup cab size: 31 vs 33-34 ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Tried numerous search scenarios, but struck out.

I traded off my 31 pickup due the cab size (door pillar to seat front) making getting in and out a PITA gymnastic exercise. Too much leg and shoe.

I have a lead on a 33 pickup, but don't want to go through the same ordeal. Or the trip to check fit, only to find out that I don't.

Any insight, measurements, or comparisons?
    Is the 33 pickup door opening the same as a 32 Tudor sedan, which I have.
    It's big enough.

Thanks!

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

stretch the cab

3. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

4. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

not a lot of difference between them

5. No sir,the 32-34 Ford trucks share the same door and it's a heck of a lot shorter than a Tudor sedan door. HRP

Dave Mc likes this.
  6. Thanks, Danny. I was afraid of that. Can you get a dimension for me?

7. Glenn..I'm about 5'9" with long body-short legs....model A pickup is a squeeze for me but I put the seat on the floor of my 33, channeled about 4" and chopped 5.5". More room than a model A for sure.
    33interior.jpg 33rfront.jpg

8. Ed Angel

Ed Angel

I just got rid of my chopped 31 pickup due to its size , a friend of mine has a 33 and there's much more room in his truck . I have a 32 Sedan and the 33 under the same roof if you would like measurements .

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I am 6'3 at 200 lbs. tall and lanky.
    The 34 cab has more legroom because of the extended firewall in those years. 32's are shorter.
    It's a maximum 2-3 hour drive vehicle without having to go into traction. Mine is unchopped which allows the seat to be up off the floor giving a more comfortable leg angle than chopped cabs. I changed the column angle to provide easier entry.
    The door width is 29.5".
    The opening is 27.5.

10. Thanks guys! Can anybody give me door post to seat riser measurement?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  11. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I'm 5'7" 200lbs and fit just fine with a 5" channel and 4" chop. My buddy is 6' 4" and fits in the passenger side but him in the driver's seat is out of the question.

Attached Files:

12. The big problem with the 31 was getting my left 12D between the door post and the seat. I had to lean over on the seat, pick up and bend my leg, and get the shoe above the seat cushion and swing it over. It was impossible to twist that left leg/foot enough to get between the post and seat. Once in, room was OK.
    I was hoping that the 32-34 might pick up a couple inches there.
    Anybody got that measurement: door post to seat cushion riser?