Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Pickup Bed Stake Panel Sign Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AAFD, Jul 29, 2010.

1. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

I've searched & searched, but keep coming up short. Looking for pictures of the wooden side panels that shop trucks wore with the shop logo or advertisement. A picture in the recent TRJ with Ed Pink's F-100, and Bad Bob's pickup with the Horne Manifolds/Superchargers side panel is what sparked my interest and desire to see more of these.

So, post of pics of other side panels if you got em!

[​IMG]

2. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

bump for the morning crowd...

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I have no pictures but when I started doing exhaust systems out of my home garage in 1978, I drove a 36 Ford beater farm truck. A genuine farmers back forty truck. It was about a mile to the parts store for supplies. It wasn't quite as nice as the above 34 P/U but the same faded red paint with cream 35 wires. I made up a set of boards for the side with Custom Exhaust and my phone number on it in an olde English font. It was a PITA but it turned out OK.

One day the phone rings and my personal assistant (ME) answered the phone. The guy says "I saw ONE of your trucks and wanted to get some custom exhaust work done". It was hard to keep from laughing out loud. I don't remember if I got the job or not but the conversation was priceless.

4. I'll post those pic's on here when I get home. Those weren't mine. They belong to CW's40tpu,here on the HAMB. They were Jot Horne's,from his shop truck. His older brother bought Jot's truck,took them off and put them in the rafters of his dads garage,for about 40+ years. CW has them on his Pick-up he's building. I'm making some just like them. If you PM me a fax# I can send you the drawings with all the dimensions.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  5. strawberry

strawberry

yeah i'm with ya I also would like to see side board photos..

6. THANKS Bad Bob for the correction.
    Sideboards are very cool but makes it very hard to see what/who is driving beside you......cw.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  7. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

There's got to be more trucks out there with these?!?

[​IMG]

8. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

Dang, nothin?

9. Here's what CW's sign boards look like....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. sololobo

sololobo

Love all the nostalgia signs, cool history of the Horne signs. See some great hand painted signs on old trucks in bone yards as well. I remember when once a year a crusty old sign painter would come to my little home town and work for folks, we would gather and watch him apply his craft, he used the old ball stick to balance on and I thought it was magic at its best. Thanx for the nifty subject. ~Sololobo~

11. found this on the barn.

Attached Files:

• 35.jpg
      35.jpg
      File size:
      95.5 KB
      Views: