Register now to get rid of these ads!

picked up a new old car (might not be hamb freindly)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevrolet150, Apr 18, 2010.

1. chevrolet150

chevrolet150

Last night my wife and I went to a local cruise nite in the camino and they had a one owner 66 charger sitting there for sale. Runs ,drives etc. air car(parts all there),318 poly, untouched (etc poor backyard spraycan job), some rust . I have a soft spot for these cars. I end up getting it for 2 grand. I am not sure what to do with it. I was thinking just wheels and clean up. What do you think?

After 12 attemps at posting a picture i keep getting this...Upload of file failed...WTF i guess not pics for now. Tim

2. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I think "muscle cars" killed the do-it-yourself home built hot rods. Sure they had some mean power plants that could easily swap over to garage builds but in general I dont think you will find much love for a Charger here. I like your other projects alot better.

BTW I had a 66 Coronet....I do dig the body style but its not a Traditional Rod or Custom.

3. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Maybe they figured out a way to keep mustang, camaro and other non HAMB pics from loading :D

4. strawberry

strawberry

those chargers were cool , but check the front frame rails on the unibody and the rear spring mounts, very prone to rust outs !! good luck with that baby,

5. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll reply to a "might not be HAMB friendly" post. I used to have a 67 Charger, drove into a medical center parking lot one day and it was sitting there with a for sale sign on it. I said to my wife, "cool car" and she said buy it, so I finaggled a pretty sweet deal on it. 64,000 mile car, no rust, excellent interior, 383 Blah Blah Blah..... The problem with the car was that only the tachometer worked, absolutely every other electrical "thing" on the car was jacked, for reasons I cannot fully comprehend. I believe the initial problem might have been the motors on the hidden headlights didn't work, and from there someone just caused a lot of electrical issues trying to fix it. The headlight hiding arrangement has nine switches, four relays and two motors. The gauges are electroluminescent, even the needles on the gauges are coated with electro-ceramic that glows when you turn the lights on. I fixed everything on the car over one winter, drove it on the Power Tour, then sold it to a guy for over twice what I paid for it. He flew in from LA to look at it here in Kansas City, jumped in the car and drove it home. Through the Nevada desert, In August. The cash I made on the car paid for my 56 New Yorker.....

6. ffr1222k

ffr1222k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good luck with the Charger. I always liked those cars.