Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Picked a color and had some paint squirted.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty rocket, Sep 14, 2014.

1. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Hydrograpic is a process where they put a film(can be wood, camo, carbon fiber the patterns are endless) in a tank of water. The film floats on the surface of the water, the part is then dipped thru the film and it wraps around it. I then had my painter shoot clear over it to seal the grapic. You can youtube hydrograpics and get a better idea.

2. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Thanks Bob, I guess if you come to the hills we can go for a cruze.

3. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Tonight she got a hood. Still need to do a bit of fitting but its on. IMG_0476.JPG IMG_0478.JPG

37hotrod, buck 32, kiwijeff and 3 others like this.
  4. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Shes all set up at our yearly indoor show. IMG_0497.JPG IMG_0498.JPG IMG_0499.JPG IMG_0500.JPG

v8paul, 37hotrod, buck 32 and 8 others like this.
  5. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

She looks great. Love the rope holders!

6. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Looks really, really good!

7. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Thanks, The stantions did come out sort of Kool, My sisters boyfriend gave me a cam from a cummins over the road truck, I think it was 47 inches long, I cut it in 4 pieces and then put a flathead piston on top.

8. Tim: The hydrographic process is amazing to say the least. The car looks great!! and that's an understatement.

9. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Thank you fine sir!!!!!!!!

10. It looks great!
    You gotta be happy with that!

11. Hey Tim Best of Luck too you, Take your Camera and get some Pics to post on here, don't think we'll make it down.

12. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Wow! You knocked that outta the park. Congratulations to you and all that helped.

loudbang likes this.
  13. 54reno

54reno

Congrats you did a beautiful job. Enjoy the weekend. Reno.

14. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

WHAT!!!!! Are'nt going to make it down? Get your ass in the car and hit the road to Rapid City!!!!!!!

15. So, you guys aren't buried in snow up there?

16. Beautiful.

Look how cool the fog lights are mounted down low on the frame horns... Compared to how clunky cowl lights look mounted up high on the cowl.

17. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Oh no it was 70+ degrees yesterday. Banana belt weather for sure.

18. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Its been awhile since I post anything but yesterday the sedan came to life!! Lots of small bugs to work out but its one step closer. IMG_0676.JPG IMG_0681.JPG

19. buck 32

buck 32
    from Maryland

Looks fantastic thanks for sharing your build

20. Man Tim the car looks so good. The background is pretty cool too! Wish I could get up there again.

21. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Thanks Tim. I wish You could have seen the car when you were here. So many things to do and so little time.

22. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Looks great! Well done.

23. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Took it for the first drive, only went a few miles and headed home with a few leaks and rattles to contend with.

24. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Not much done on the sedan, hopefully I have leaks fixed. I did build a package try behind the rear seat. It mounts to the hat channels that run from the floor to rear window surround. I want to be able to throw a set of tools,jack and cleaning supplies behind the seat but dont want to have everything rattling around on the inside of the body and maybe causing a dent from the inside. IMG_0735.JPG IMG_0736.JPG

25. Looking good Tim !

26. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Thanks Monty. Im ready to get the bugs worked out and start driving. Hows your sedan coming along? b.t.w. I installed you old top insert trim a few weekends ago.

27. I'm glad it went to a good home. Work starts on the chassis this week, so I'm excited to see some more progress. I need to sort out the roof timber, and then make a start and body work and paint when I find the time. Keep the updates coming, it's great motor-vation.

28. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Been battling oil leaks but they are getting smaller and smaller. Took my two teenage boys for there first ride today and rubbed a tire on the rear fender so the coil overs have to go up a bit more. IMG_0748.JPG IMG_0761.JPG

DeLuxe 32 and loudbang like this.