Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pick-a-Part Cooling fans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Aviator, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Aviator

Aviator

What late model, two speed, electric cooling fans w/shrouds are you guys using now? What is the follow-on to the popular '80s early '90s 3.8L Ford Taurus cooling fan? Need to visit a Pick-a-Part for a readily available upgrade. Ideas?

2. Measure your need. Take a tape measure and go.

3. evintho

evintho

This is a great cooling fan. It's currently used in my non-HAMB friendly '89 Mustang. The fan is out of a '90 Thunderbrd Super Coupe. I normally cools the factory supercharged V6. I mounted it to a Volvo radiator and it keeps the temp at 180* no matter what the OA temp is. Paid $12.50 for it at Pick-n-Pulls half price day!

[​IMG]

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wish I could find one of those. I have been looking for a while. All I am seeing at the yards are naked radiators, or empty spaces.

5. Why use an ugly plastic electric fan when a mechanical fan is 100 times better?

6. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

7. patrod

patrod
    from idaho

I'm still using the taurus fans.still easy to get here!

8. JEM

JEM

If you must have an electric puller...the Lincoln MkVIII piece is generally considered to be the best air mover but it's (of necessity) quite large. The 3.8 Taurus is another common choice.

In terms of a pusher to assist a mechanical...you may have to do some looking to find something that fits your application.

9. 117harv

117harv

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012