Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Picacho Peak AZ. Banger Hill Climb Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JunkOSC, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Here are some pictures of the cars that ran up the mountain Sunday. Very nice facility and people.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  2. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Wow, thats cool. Would've liked to see that.

3. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Me too, just up the road from us. I'll hit it next year for sure!

4. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Man..those are some bitchen rides!

5. bobjob55

bobjob55

didn't know that they ran cars up that hill .. i would love to see that ...

6. Any more pics of that red roadster in the background? Looks pretty interesting...specially if it also has a banger.

7. Check out the offset of the front end on that red roadster..

[​IMG]

8. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

Missed 'em again. I ran it a few years ago and was the slowest car up the hill. There was a TT truck that was slower than me. Comment heard at the starting line: "Think he'll make it?"
    The cars get better all the time. I can pick out Jim Brierley's green speedster, Ron Mosher's black roadster, and the Shortland Bros. red roadster. I pitted next to them when I ran. Best sounding car out there, IMHO.
    Maybe next year...
    Fearless

9. Some more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Man! Didn't know about it! I'm about 40 mins away> Next year for sure!!!!!!!!!

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

So... did Troy ( black primered fender less coupe in the first shot) win his class again this year!? He always seems to! He had it out at the Hell City Saints gig on Saturday and it sounded like it was tuned for bear! I wish that first picture had a sound track for everyone out there in hambland to hear... I keep telling him it sounds like a pissed off farm implement! Sorry I missed this year, I won't miss it again next year.

12. lawman

lawman

Nice Pics !!!!! Tom (Tired Old Man)

13. -Brent-

-Brent-

Eye candy, for sure!

14. 58_Ford

58_Ford
    from Phoenix

Didnt know about this either, How long has been going on?

15. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I would have loved to go. Wish I knew about it. Maybe next year

16. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

I always hear about this event and the horsetrack in Marana after the fact. Let's post some dates for next year's banger stuff... perhaps throw 'em in that AZ social group thingamajig?

17. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

AZ social group thingamajig? what is this and what have I been missing?

18. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Add that to my list of thing to do. Thanks for the pics do you have any times and top speeds

19. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Great pic's...thanks.

20. Conrad_AZ

Conrad_AZ

We made it down to Picacho Sunday as well. Had a great time. The course was 1/10 mile long, and it was quite a bit steeper than the photos show. I didnt stay around till the end of the day to see any times/speeds posted but the primered 5 window and the shiny black roadster with the CA plates looked to be the fastest in the timing lights. The red track roadster with the OHC set up had to my ear the best sound.

I posted a short article and some photos on the OTHG-Phoenix site.
    http://othg-phoenix.net/Pages/Activities%20-%20Pages/2010/Putts/2010%20Picacho%20Peak%20Hill%20Climb/2010%20Picacho%20Peak%20Hill%20Climb%20-%20Text.html

BTW: I think this was the 11th year that they held it!

21. Mike

Mike

Man, I was out of town and missed it, that gig is always good fun. Last year they let me make an "exhibition" pass with my 2.0 Pinto powered Modet T Touring. I wish I coulda been there this year.

22. 4-port Riley

4-port Riley

The red roadster belongs to Leonard Shortland, from Prescott, and it do run! All cars running the hill have to be 4-bangers. The red #11 car is Don Higgs from Florida, ran a close 2nd to Ron Kelly (dual wheels). My tired old green speedster ran a solid 4th!

23. A-zonie

A-zonie
    from Mesa, AZ

Date and time for the Picacho Peak Hill Climb is generally posted in the following website as well as the FAST magazine. Times for winners in each class run are posted for previous years in the website as well.

http://www.picachohillclimb.org/

24. Thanks for posting the pictures, FUN!!!

25. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

Well Chip, my son did happen to take a few videos that day... so here is the soundtrack you wanted! yes I did take first; however, the competition was stuck sick in the hotel room, so I was the only one in my class...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iuSBz4DknhA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iuSBz4DknhA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

26. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Thanks for the video Troy.

I have to repeat it yet again, but you've got one of the most bitchin' improved A coupe ..... period.

Its what turned me onto banger powered coupes - I'm building a second chassis, one Stovebolt 6 powered, the other Banger and T5.

I've watched your other videos so often, I hope I havent worn then out ;)

27. inline 292

inline 292

Thanks for sharing the pic's. Looks like a really great event. First I've heard of it - like to make it up there next year.