Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pic

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by nexxussian, May 3, 2009.

1. nexxussian

nexxussian

Was asked to post this.

[​IMG]

Thar it B.:D

2. 2b-banjo

2b-banjo

He welded the holes shut and I put a 5 1/2" in. bolt circle in. If the wheels come with a 5 hole circle, you don't need to weld up the holes, just put in a new bolt circle in-between the original. Only need to weld up 4 hole circles. I hope that this is clear.
    Has anybody hit the track for test & tune yet?

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yep.. those came with two different bolt patterns. the first and most common was the 4 bolt, which requires welding of the holes and redrill... second was ford 5 on 4.5" which, as 2B says, all you need to do is drill the big pattern between the existing holes.

these things are light as hell too. i have a set i still need to get down to you sometime there 2b...

4. bobw

bobw

OK, the BIG question is; what are they from??? They look like a great item, if I can find some. Thanks in advance.

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

ford mustang, thunderbird... 88-93 mini spare

carefull tho, the stang and bird both had a different offset, so be sure to get two that match.

lil hard to find, but dont pay more than $60-70 a piece... if you do run into trouble locating some, shoot me a PM

6. I've picked some at junkyards from early (83-86) TurboCoupes.

7. havi

havi

Lincoln MKVII had the 5 bolt pattern. As they share the same platform as the Tbird/Cougar, they may share the same spare diameter. The Turbo Coupe had bigger brakes so they probably have a bigger wheel but in 4 lug, and probably are the same diam. as the Lincoln. I have 1, so I could always measure it upon request. Otherwise, try looking here or posting a want ad: http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

8. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

2b,

We went to the track today for some test & tune but only got to make 3 runs since they were having a big rice burner event. If we leave at a low rpm we bog the engine and if we leave at a higher rpm we blow the tires away. We haven't found that sweet spot yet. Dwight just needs more seat time to get use to the car.

We ran a 12.21 @ 115 and a 12.12 @ 117. The other run was aborted since Dwight bogged the engine. All-in-all a great day. Bias ply tires aren't the best for drag racing.

Ron

9. 2b-banjo

2b-banjo

Thanks for the info, always like to hear how others are doing. I won't hit the track here for another 2 wks. Need to test different carbs & Ignition system.
    Keep us posted on your progress,
    2B

10. vectorsolid

vectorsolid
    from Montana

How was the 60' and the 1/8 mile numbers?

11. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

60"
    1.93 & 1.98 Tire spin. We're even driving around the water box to avoid getting water in the tread. However, the rice burner cars were doing front wheel burnouts then dragging water to the starting line area about where our rear tires are staged. We may have been trying to launch in a mini water box.

What are some of the others 60 ft times?

1/8th
    7.91 @ 90.17
    7.88 @ 91.84
    Bad tire spin thru 1st & 2nd gears. We have the Cokers at 20 lbs and didn't get a chance to lower the pressure.

What tire pressure are others running with the L78 Cokers?

Ron

12. my '93 Mercury Grand Marquis also has a spare like that- 5 lug.