Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pic Request: Von Dutch Paint box

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MetalFlaked60, Mar 8, 2006.

1. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

The post by Bigdaddysteamroller gave me an Idea...Im looking for some good pictures of Vondutchs' paint box..I want to build me one that looks like it...can anyone help?...Thanks Jamie

2. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Heres what I have in my files. Most folks show the suitcase one. As with most things Dutch, Thats the way it is. In the Ganahl book, he says the striping on the suitcase box is prolly 70's or 80's vintage. There are some great insside and outside pics in the Ganahl book of the suitcase box

Attached Files:

3. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

a hamber owns that box pictured there.from HIS story the red boxes wasnt actually dutches personal box, but was a box he did for someone.

ill have to double check on that but thats the story i remember.

4. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Caffeine. That could well be the situation. I file these pictures, but I never remember where they come from. Its for sure the suitcase was used by Dutch on occasion, but most question if it really was his dads.
    On another topic, The pics you posted of your garage got me started sheetrocking MY shop..
    I hate you... I've been at it for almost a month, and have hung over a half acre of rock. I'll be happy to never see a trowel again !!!!@

5. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

the problem with some of those paint boxes is weight. i had a big ol box and it was COOL as hell, but a BITCH to really carry around.

the good thing is you can use em for step stool etc.

even my black 2 drawer is heavy.

i saw a COOL box this weekend that i have my eye on ill post some pics if i can find another like it ;)

6. cruzr

cruzr

soon to be auctioned at Peterson Musuem by RM auctions,along with other memorbilia from Bruckers collection of Dutch,and Roth

Attached Files:

7. The clothing label owners will probably buy the thing and start repopin' them for the "cool" kids. :rolleyes:

8. John St. Morton was repoping Von Dutch tool boxes.

No idea how close they matched the original,or if they are still available.

9. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

i really dig "neat" boxes, small, big, craftwork, etc.

one of my next projects is buiding a small travel box for my pinstriping stuff, going to try to make it small and light.

10. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

Does any one have this book that maybe can scan a few pictures?

11. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

anyone have anything else?

12. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

.......I've seen parts of your "collection" and you DO have a good eye............:D

13. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

I saw in autoart that moseart sells VonDutch boxes..I know Sid sells the sign box but didnt see the Dutch ones..maybe special order? I saw a couple over the weekend that i liked...MikeO had the cool split top style and i think Shaky had a wood one....I helped carry Vanzandts' stuff so i know that one is heavy...cool as hell but heavy..I have a 2 drawer style like Caffeine has but now im looking for a companion box for the larger stuff that wont fit..

14. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

I didnt see any of them on there....