Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pic request rustoleum red oxide

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oddrod46, Dec 23, 2012.

1. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I have not used it myself, but I do quite a bit of louvering for Squeeges, and Doug always wants me to louver right through the primer! Freaks me out completely, 'cause that is one of the biggest no-no's in my gig. Thing is though, this primer is AMAZING! It is flexible enough that it stretches with the metal as a louver forms and, doesn't fracture at the cut line. I've never seen anything like it!

3. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Geez Root, my word not good enough? Just kidding mang.
    Yeah, it is an epoxy primer, but it is NOT just another epoxy primer. It has a unique formulation that makes it very, very tough and like LOOVERking said, very resilient. I don't have a lot of experience with epoxy primers, as I draw hot rods, I don't paint 'em. I can only tell you that from my experience, this schitt rocks.

4. Roothawg

Roothawg

I'm just afraid that if it is a tinted epoxy primer, then eventually the water will begin to penetrate and rust the metal after the UV has taken it's toll. I just wanna do this once.

Jeem I trust you.......hugs and kisses.

5. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Hahahaaa. Shoot, I know it's all good!

Get a hold of Doug at Squeeg's, he won't hard sell you but he would be much better suited to tell you the hows and whys of his product.

6. Roothawg

Roothawg

Ok, I'll give him a call.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

8. Roothawg

Roothawg

I called Doug at Squeeg's and he gave me the low down on it.
    First of all, Doug was very helpful. It's nice talking to people that aren't trying to shroud their "company secrets".
    He told me that he had basically an epoxy sealer, much like PPG's DP40, prior to the removal of the lead, which is now DPLF (Lead Free).

I'm still not sure what I am gonna do, but I appreciate his information.

9. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

10. Where can I buy a gallon of this product? and what doesa it run cost wise a gallon?

11. 61dailyf100

61dailyf100

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1406858535.222366.jpg love that stuff ! Shot it inside my brothers 53 chevy and I've used it on rust repair patches on my truck

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. 61dailyf100

61dailyf100

Oh and Home Depot has it by the way

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. me likes^^^^^!!!!!!!:)

14. vanherrb

vanherrb

menards,,,and larger home depot stores,,,have brochures/flyers,,,with over 100 different rustoleum colors,,that they can custom mix in quarts or gallons,,,,
    with maybe 10-15 different reds. in gloss
    14 in satin door enamel - my fave
    for the last 10 years i have been using nothing but their custom mix door paint,,,,comes mixed in satin only,and ,has a ultraviolet sun block in it,, and a sealer.
    made for house front doors,,it is one tuff enamel ,,,and does not fade . hard to scratch,, it is the
    best buy in the paint products i have found after painting for 50 years now ,,and only 9 bucks a quart..
    and i use it in the shade not hot sun -- as it sets and flashes pretty fast compared to the regular fish oil rust preventive line they sell.
    i first tape off,,then "cut" in the edges and seams with a 1 inch angle paint brush,,,then 4 hours later,,or next day i use a 6 inch foam 1 inch Weiner roller ,,,yeah ,, a good laugh i hear,,, but i have never met a person yet that can tell i did not spray it,,,,
    why you ask a roller not spray ?
    a

throat cancer survivor 11 years now,,,got it from the body shop,,spraying the first generation 2 stage paint...that hardener killed alot of bodymen,,,,and they outlawed that formula in the whole usa... todays hardeners are mild compared to the first gen shit.
    so that is why i roll or brush rustoleum door paint which has 14 shades of satin browns and red with
    Worn Brick being my favorite -primer- look
    2 qts and a roller can do a fill size 60s car all for just 20 clams,,,,and safer than 2 stage for this old goat

Rellim51 likes this.