Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pic request....Rare SBC speed equipment.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SinisterCustom, Aug 29, 2008.

1. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Bump....
    Anyone ever seen a set of block script valve covers in a non-staggered pattern???

2. dragger59

dragger59
    from ohio

Still have the manifold?

3. titus

titus

Ive got a few rare to rareish sbc speed parts

Distributors: A couple of spaldings, a single cap roto phaze, a ducoil

intakes: Creitz 3x2, creits 2x4, mcgurk 6x2, weiand "say why-and" 2x4 crossram, man-a-fre set up

valve covers, val-vee engineering

Attached Files:

4. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

5. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

I have these old Hedman hedders and just picked up a set of Mickey Thompson Super Scavengers...

Attached Files:

6. Rare SBC... only one made, I think.

[​IMG]

7. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

im guessing because when they tried to fire it it actually caught fire? :rolleyes:

8. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

The pictures went away, I guess. Here is a refresher.

Attached Files:

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Not really super rare but you almost never see vintage OFFY valve covers for Staggered bolt Chevy engines. Most of the time they have ugly breathers and oil fill caps mounted on top where as these are just really clean. I put these up for sale in the Classifieds but really I'd love to keep them if I can. But since i replaced them with a set of Hildebrandts I don't have a use for them.

[​IMG]

10. I don't have a picture of it but the Raven has a krietz intake for SBC. They are pretty rare.

I have this offy intake made in '59 I'm not sure how rare it is.
    2 fours is pretty '60s.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've probably got some other odd ball stuff around here.

11. Here's a pretty wild SBC set-up!

Reversed cam with vertical top-mounted exhaust and Honda 750-4 carb sets on each side where the exhaust used to be.

Attached Files:

12. pdq67

pdq67

I think that the SBC V-8 Fenton cast-iron headers are being re-popped now so if interested, please check into it.

pdq67

13. Here's a fairly rare set-up. I had this Martin Turbosystem on a SBC in a '40 Ford coupe that I built. Ran great, no problems, reliable, quiet. I loved it.

There is a cross-over exhaust from the driver's side bank to the passenger side bank so the turbo receives exhaust from both sides. The intake manifold is split into upper and lower halves. The turbo draws from the upper half and discharges into the lower half. There is a 'priority valve' that by-passes the turbo during start-up and at idle.

Attached Files:

14. VERY RARE!

Quigley overhead cam conversion for small block Chevy.

Attached Files:

15. Fairly rare!

Latham Axial-Flow Blower from the late 1950's installed on a small block Chevy.

Attached Files:

16. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Wish I had kept one of these, but I had a weak moment and sold both to a guy up around Caney, KS back in the early 90's. The STR-10 was NOS with linkage and the SY-1 was a used but nice piece.

Attached Files:

17. I don't know if this is photoshopped, or just fake, or (doubtfully) real, but I ran acros this picture of a Camaro with what appears to be a blower off of a large stationary engine or possibly an underground mine ventilation system.

Good for a laugh anyway!

Attached Files:

18. Hey someone had one of those intakes for sale last year.

That runs with the carb bolted on the intake and no air box??? it works like a draw through correct?

Now that would be cool on my "trad" pro-street Studebaker :D

19. oj

oj

I like the front drive distr, heres' mine with the air actuated timing retard.

Attached Files:

20. 26 roadster

26 roadster

21. 1929CDAN

1929CDAN

How about the 37th small block Hilborn fuel inj. made!!
    hilborn inj.#137 001.jpg

hilborn inj.#137 002.jpg

22. 1320/150

1320/150

This car actually ran and blew the head gaskets as soon as he blurped the throttle. I saw some interview with the dude on speed channel??

23. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

That is true. He is a local. And has fixed my drag radial camaro motor before. That red camaro with a regular ol 8-71 was a heavy hitter in the Modified Street class' here in the midwest about 8 years ago. His dad is a old racer that is big into Buick Grand Nationals. They did this rediculas blower deal just for fun. OH , and its a Big Block.

24. I see those at swap meets all the time... but I had an STR-10 with a top for six Strombergs... the only other one I had ever seen was on the cover of PHR on an engine painted red white and blue.

Sam

25. Yes, the turbo is a draw-through, pulling mixture from the upper part of the intake manifold and discharging into the lower part of the intake manifold, below the automatically closing priority valve.

26. Custom-built V-16 SBC at Speedy Bill's

Attached Files:

27. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

Sam did you write in to Rodders Digest or some other mag about that intake a long time ago?

28. Chev SBC with unknown, strange intake manifold.

Chev SBC with '52-'56 Lincoln valve covers.

(2 GREAT ways to fight off the 'belly-button' image, I suppose!)

Attached Files:

29. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

I dont know if these are rare or not. Anybody seen these or know anything about them. They were a garage sale find for 5 bucks I think about 20 years ago, they have ALOT of dirt track laps on them!!! The bowtie is part of the casting. Louie

[​IMG]

sorry for the huge pic...still trying to figure out my phone....

30. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Has anyone seen these before? Wayne VC's to simulate DOHC???

[​IMG]