Register now to get rid of these ads!

pic request 49-51 Merc center consoles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33mopower, Jan 5, 2012.

1. 33mopower

33mopower

I know that your probably thinking that center consoles are not traditional. I am mainly looking for photos of center consoles that are not modern. Think 64 T-bird. Even modern stuff can be stylized to tie in with original decor.

Case in point, It's a cnc machined chrome plated aluminum console made to match the original dash. It's in Dan Weaver's 50 Merc that we have been trying to finish for this summer. It is a coupe that was chopped by Joe Bailon. His last chop and something like number 52 if IRC.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am mainly looking for ideas for a 50 woody that I will be working on in the future so I am not against formed sheet metal that I could possibly wood grain.

2. Here's a couple with 60's Ford consoles in them. The 51 with the white interior just sold at auction not too long ago. It has a full interior out of a 64(?) Galaxie 500 IIRC. The red interior has the 64-66 T-bird console obviously, but I would have preferred the chrome Merc dash trim.

Attached Files:

3. Nice. I have one was custom made and it's covered with tweed so I don't want to pollute your thread. But I'll be some day looking for ways to make it look purty.

4. LOL. I have one like that in mine, too....vinyl covered wood box with '85-ish Buick pillowed bucket seats...not right but functional. ;) I have a stock bench I plan on putting in one day, but would like to figure out how to put a fold down armrest in it (but that's another idea for another thread LOL).

Register now to get rid of these ads!