Register now to get rid of these ads!

PHOTOSHOP need some flakework done...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caffeine, Apr 29, 2004.

1. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

My bike needs to get painted...a friend MikeO on the board (whos probably doing the paint) suggested a lime gold over silver with silver metalflake....

can i get some photoshop lime gold metalflake on the whole bike? tank, frame, rear fender and sissy bar please?? pretty please...with sugar on top!!!!!!!!! puh puh puh pleeese.

[​IMG]

2. a little greener than gold

Attached Files:

3. Lime gold.. [​IMG]

with some hand made scallopes [​IMG]

4. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

the whole bike may be a bit much....I think the frame should be a nice gloss black....something for the flake to contrast off of.... just go with the tank and fender in flake, sissy bar chrome, frame black (or if you go with a dark flake, like root beer or deep red or something, go with a full chrome frame).....

A contrast in color makes the individual colors pop and adds a little more visual intrest (my opinion)...too much of one color on a bike or car makes it look "plastic" or something....if you know what I mean....

5. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

man i dunno...i agree the frame looks dumb lime gold.. [​IMG]

if the frame is black....what kinda scallops on the tank? silver? or black? or white??? I dont want that white seat to look ugly ya know?

my first thought was to just have the whole bike done in a semi-gloss satin black..and do the scallops in 1-shot.

damn this sucks...now i know what you car guys go through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

you could paint the scalops any color you want as long as it goes with the color you paint the tank and fender....black is a neutral color and goes equally well with anything...same with white....just some colors bounce better off of them than others....just go to the paint store steal some paint chips and just hold them up next to each other...see what looks good together to you....

7. The_Monster

The_Monster

i like it ALL painted, its DIFFERENT! [​IMG]

I like the front brake lever too. dont have your fingers in the holes if you lay it down tho

Attached Files:

8. The_Monster

The_Monster

Attached Files:

9. The_Monster

The_Monster

Attached Files:

10. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ok this is my thinking on paint scheme....take it or leave it....just an idea...

Black frame, lime gold (flake if you like) tank and fender with green candy scalops....I prefer panels though...with a slightly darker green stripe around them....if you go with panels cover the inside of them with white striping (that will tie in your seat)....

I would photoshop that for you but im lazy....

I think that would look really good....but im like black frames on motorcycles....and i love green and gold together...in fact that is the combo im planning for my f-100 when the time comes to finally paint it....

11. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Not that it's any of my business, but I think you should go with the metalic lime-gold tank/fend. and then either silver or metalic ruby red scallops. Paint the frame the same color as your scallops if you go with silver. Paint the frame black if you go with ruby red....

Ohh and don't paint that sissy bar....blek!

Looks like an Indian Larry bike.

12. MikeO

MikeO
    from MI

If it matters I like the idea of the black frame with the rest flaked. Another idea how about lime gold kandy flake with the two tone teardrop panels on the tank and oval two tone on the fender with different kolor kandy flake then you could stripe the kolor change with white to match the seat

13. ..

Attached Files:

14. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

can you do an all black the whole bike..with limish green scalops outlined in white?

then do one same thing with white scallopes...outlined in....i dunno pick a color..orange?

15. How would it look with the frame the same color as the scallops?

16. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

here is what i was thinking....though i would put stiping in all the panels...i just dont have many pics of stiping on my computer right now....

[​IMG]

17. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

well shit..im freaking sold i think!!!!!!!!! do you think that it needs a little more white though? like maybe instead of outlined in dark green outline the panels in white????

Mike O I can have someone powdercoat my frame and I can send my tins out to you if your down for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i would keep the dark green....subtle is good....

as far as more white, more white striping in all the panels will solve that problem....

19. The Harpoon

The Harpoon

Wow bradberry, that is a great idea I had 2 years ago

20. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

damnit...damnit damnit damnit...i KNEW i saw it somewhere...

so...i REALLY REALLY like the design....you think its bad to do it if scott craig already did it? [​IMG] this SUCKS...i really really liked that scheme....fuck.

[​IMG]

21. The Harpoon

The Harpoon

Yeah, scott shot the flake and candy and then I striped over the runs in the candy

Attached Files:

22. The Harpoon

The Harpoon

Somewhere I have a shot of the real '57 pan in a real 57 frame with a rl(not vl) ibeam springer. I meant to say job, not idea, that was scott and vics

23. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

this sucks to high hell [​IMG]

i was sooo excited!!!!!

24. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

[ QUOTE ]
    you think its bad to do it if scott craig already did it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Imitiation is the sinceresst form of flatery.

25. Get creative !
    Reverse the colors,use different size flake to create an abstract background.

Put Monster Flake scallops,or flames,under the Candy.

Airbrush some Snake Skin texture in the background.

Add some Screaming Skulls,Smoke,Fire,Tits,and bad words in the Candy.

Put a Silver Leaf design,over the Silver Flake base,before adding the Candy.

Better yet,tell the painter to "Go Wild" and do whatever HE wants.

26. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

damnit....never saw that before.....

but i have the pictures now!!!

however, you could easily mess around with the some different colors...and follow that pattern..... I think copper and deep maroon/burgandy go great together....black and maroon....

27. That is HIGHlarious!!!
    sorry but couldn't resist, thought it was a photochop job too. dack to the drawing board! You can do something similar

28. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ok idea number 2....i like this better....it looks more "dirty" and bad ass

I hope someone doesnt have a bike painted like this now.....

Copper flake, maroon candy, cream stripe....and a pinup for good measure:

[​IMG]

If I ever own a bike....this is how i would do it up!

29. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

yeah, dont really like those colors [​IMG] man I thought this was going to be the EASY part. well i gots to decide by next week.

30. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i take it by the looks of your other bike you like bright colors....

if so be careful! bright colors can look bad real quick if they dont go well together.....

personally i like the more dull a subtle colors...

if you go bright figure out a way to use that gold and green combo....those colors go together soooooooooo well!!!