Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photos not showing in threads.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by loudbang, May 8, 2017.

1. loudbang

loudbang

Maybe Ryan or the team can look into why some photos that were posted are not showing now all there is is a small blue box with an X in them.

Not all photos in some posts some show some don't. In several different threads.

2. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Happening too my thread too

Sent from Austinrod

3. Pauljrestomod97

Pauljrestomod97

Yeah, all of mine are doing the same, however, if I go to edit, the photos are shown there, then I hit update and they go back to the blue box and red "X..." What do we need to do to fix this?

loudbang likes this.
  4. All mine are the same before May 5th. Have also noticed in some threads im a part of the photos have all gone down to thumbnail size. JW

loudbang likes this.

5. Same here. The photos in my threads with Red X's are in my albums on here and it does not happen to all the pics in the thread. The two threads one is from 2011 and the other one is from 2013. Anybody figured it out or contacted Ryan about this?

6. This is contacting Ryan, this is what this section is for. I believe our photos will be back soon when they figure it out. JW

7. I figured out how to do it. I went into the album, in my profile, for the photo I needed. Opened it up right clicked on it , hit copy. Went to the thread hit edit. Put the curser where I wanted the pic and right clicked and hit paste and the pic was there. Now I had two of the same pic in the thread. Now I hit copy on the original pic, it turns blue, then right clicked again and hit cut and it goes away and the pasted pic stays and every thing is alright.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Not a good option for me as my RPU build thread of 11 pages and being photo heavy would take for ever as well as all the other threads I have posted over a thousand on. JW

loudbang likes this.
  9. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Everybody I would just wait till Ryan figures it out all my threads are all pic heavy and replacing them is not a option, funny thing is all the photos on the HAMB app show up fine Just not on the regular computer version

Sent from Austinrod

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

Could be something to do with the switch to https:// as that was about the time they disappeared.

11. I was just reading Fastmikes build thread on his truck and his post are full of red X's. As much as pictures are a big part of this forum I do not understand what's going on.

12. I don't know ether but I have faith that Ryan and his team will sort it out in due course. Any photo I post now is ok. Will sit patiently and see what happens. JW

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey guys, if you have links to threads with examples where this is happening, that would help.

I've had one report of this that turned out to be a browser issue related to https.

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

An update. I found some examples of this happening and a fix is inbound - hopefully today!

loudbang and Tim_with_a_T like this.
  15. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

So the server Maintence didn't fix the photo problem I guessing if you pulled your photos from a photo sharing site
    like flickr smugmug photobucket etc.... posted on here the new protocol of https is messing it up somehow

Sent from Austinrod

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I never recommend hosting photos someplace else. I'm not looking at that issue yet. I'm looking at photos not displaying that are hosted on my own servers at the moment.

loudbang and Austinrod like this.
  17. Thanks Ryan.

loudbang likes this.
  18. Thanks Ryan. I have all my photos (over 1700) on the HAMB album site.:cool::cool: JW

loudbang likes this.
  19. All my photos are back, thanks for your hard work. JW

loudbang likes this.
  20. Thanks Ryan, all my photos are back also.

loudbang likes this.
  21. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

Yes there many threads that will not open. Always says there is a problem and to contact or report to the hamb. I don't understand what's up . My friend Dean Lowe is one that will NEVER open to show the photos. Please advise

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Austinrod likes this.