Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PHOTOS: Goodguys SCOTTSDALE - TONS Of 'Em - Last Event of the SEASON!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Nov 18, 2008.

1. zgears

zgears

bahahahah that's a good one

2. jonathan

jonathan
    from Phoenix,AZ

3. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Random thoughts:

-That aqua Edsel in post #6 is looking F-I-N-E-fine.:rolleyes:

-The kick off cruise this year was the best one yet. I had no idea of the quality coming out of Dean's and Squeeg's

-I didn't see a single time-out doll this year.

-It wasn't nearly as dusty/grassy as I remember from years past

- My son was upset there was no model car build-off this time. (But appreciates the model given out to kids anyway)

-After walking around for 3 days it seems llike I didn't see half of the cars.

-I did lose 4 pounds from combining days of non-stop walking with my refusal to buy any $6 hot dogs.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  4. speed-kings

speed-kings

Kirk, you are the best. Great photos.

5. Solidaxel

Solidaxel

Thanks Kirk for saving me some steps, nice work!!

Yes, Bill is from Tucson in the winter and Alaska in the summer.

6. Brian W

Brian W

Hey Fonz... Where were ya on this one big guy?

[​IMG]

7. Kirk, I wouldn't quit your day job, that Fonz guy has a knack finding some pretty sweet rides. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

8. Justin B

Justin B

how know one has posted a pic of this bike from the swap i don't know, but i wanted it, not real sure what i'd do with it but if i was rich it'd be in the corner of the garage. the owner/builder said he last ran it in 82' and was selling it so he could build one with a kb hemi, this one had an aluminum 427, he said it ran in the 8's.

the rest of the swapmeet was great too, actually found some good deals on stuff i was looking for, and some others that were just to good to pass up.

unfortunetly we missed steve's party saturday, a few of the guys we went with had to work sunday so we headed home early. looks like a great time, will be sure to make it next year.

oh yeah on a side note does anybody know if the guy that got hit by the pulley of the cackle fed is o.k. wasn't there to witness it but it sounded like it might have broken/cut up his leg?

Attached Files:

9. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

Yea right!!! I bet you couldn't even buy this set for $2500.........

10. KIRK!

KIRK!

He was ok. Possibly a chipped bone.

11. This is just stunning....Thanks for sharing Kirk

[​IMG]

12. 68wagon

68wagon

thanks for sharing kirk awsome pics

13. Kerry67

Kerry67

Yeah, it was a great show. Like I said before, I was set up in the swap meet all weekend but I did get a chance to walk around a bit and see the cars and other stuff. So much cool stuff it was hard to take it all in. I did not know where to look first. I got to meet at talk to a lot of cool people this weekend as well. Already can't wait for next year.

14. GreggAz

GreggAz

no, but you could have bought them for 13,500!!

15. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Great pictures, the shop tours are my favorites.

16. Sarcasm detector must not be working today, huh?

So which HAMB'er bought the Kinmonts? Some fool bought the previous pair that were at a GG's event.

17. If I am correct the Kinmonts are Don Marks. It looks like his truck and swap space.

Funny thing, I consider Don the Godfather of BILLET and he is the least billet kind of guy I know. He had a business called MarFab that was bought up by Earls many moons ago. While John Buterra may have been the first to use billet to build a car, Don was the first to put it in a blister pack and sell it.

18. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Thanks Kirk for such a great job, as you always do. Scottsdale is a great place. Lived there back in the ninties and had a blast, wish I'd stayed there. I'd highly recommend it to everyone but, bring your big check book cuz it's not cheap. Great job!;)

19. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

.....and (as far as I know) one of the first to use teflon for bushing material.

That's what I'm saying.....too many youngsters get their panties in a wad over period correctness, and then there are guys like Don (who knows the difference between a restoration and a hot rod), he's just innovating while using neat ol' schitt!

Oh, KIRK!, thanks for the great pics....as usual!
    Seriously, how much excess money does that guy with the twin blown male enhancement T bucket thingy have in there? Holy crap.

20. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Just looking at that bike scares the shit outta me. I can think of a lot of ways for that thing to injure/kill you - backfire out the carbs and light your head on fire, throw a blower belt and cut you in half, get your leg caught in the belt drive...you get the idea.

21. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Great pics Kirk!

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Kirk the pix you took were OK - not great.......just average

ok

now that everyone is going to flame me!
    I always love the coverage you provide and look forward to the Gazette in the mail as well.

What I wanna know - was that Fonz's car he was sitting in or were the real owners nice enough to let him sit in that car?

and - how did you get that ghost image of you and the Liberace? Set the shutter speed for 10 seconds?

or take 2 pix on top of each other so that 1 pic you are in there and the next you are not?

Just curious

Great stuff and thanks for posting on both threads!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  23. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

KIRK! Thanks for the pics... Scottsdale is always a good show, and you caught some of the best. The paint and redlines on that "magenta" Nova made me think of a big original Hot Wheel.

Damn you for posting ^this^ ...thing! That car almost turned my dick inside out!:eek:

24. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Hey Tinman - sorry :D I guess it was a little obnoxious

here's another shot of the 2 bikes in the swap area

[​IMG]

25. KIRK!

KIRK!

It was about a 30 second exposure and I just paused in two locations long enough to register in the photo.

26. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

cool - I will have to try that - it is spooky fer sure!

thanks

27. Chevguy37

Chevguy37

Kirk, Outstanding images as always. Good to see The Foze is alive and well I think. Looks like he may of had a hangover. Thanks, sure appreciate the photos.

28. Seriously, why does this thing keep popping up everywhere? Somebody needs to put the fucker out of it's misery, and cut the guy that built it's hands off so he can't build anything else.

29. yes it is. and i did it on purpose there budddddddy

30. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin