Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PHOTOS: Goodguys INDY EVENT COVERAGE. No Rain? No Mud? WTF?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Sep 20, 2011.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

Way cool!

2. ditto. Great photos too. Thanks KIRK!

3. Great photos ( I have a couple of favorites:D). Great event.

4. fbama73

fbama73

Kirk, the model and pedal car contest sure didn't suffer from being gone a few years. We had 103 models on the table. Over at IRP, we'd sometimes have a few more, sometimes a few less.

The make and take exploded big, though. At IRP, we'd start the make and take at 1pm on Saturday, and never really ended it until the show ended. There wouldn't be many after the first few hours, but there were always a few, and we never said no to any of them. Doing it that way, on our best year, we went through 3.5 cases of snap kits. At IMS, we went through 7 cases (175 models) by 4:30 on Saturday!

I miss the drag racing, but other than that, I'm liking everything about the new venue!

5. Builtforsin

Builtforsin

Love it! Thanks for the great pics.

and for those who don't know about that drummer....
    http://youtu.be/6DVbt5W-DNc

6. HotRod33

HotRod33

Okay I put this event on my calander for next year..... Looks like it was a blast..

7. Good job, thanks for these and the rumble seat set....

8. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

The Indy Car noise wasn`t that bad. Actually it kept reminding you of the historic location we had access to. That car sounded raw until it was in top gear entering turn three then it wailed hard for the remainder of the lap.
    Hell, I would have taken a ride until I heard it cost $500 for three laps.
    Give me Nascar Driving Experience anytime. A much better deal and you don`t have to sit in back.

All in all my wife and I felt IMS was a much better location and if it rained, there were places to run and your car wouldn`t be lost in the floods.

9. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

[​IMG]

Thanks KIRK! Slim

10. houston54

houston54

Those ride-along concessions do a lot to spoil the Lonestar Nats shows also. It would be a much better experience without that noise.

The goody bags need to include GG ear plugs if they are going to continue that nonsense.

The Indy show pictures are super. Thanks for sharing.

11. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

That is some really nice photography, Kirk. Got to meet the King there years ago. What a nice guy.
    Tom

12. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Great move Goodguys. The event was top notch!!

Dont change a thing, the cars going around the track ruled! If you need earplugs, you are in the wrong hobby!!!!

13. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

as always love seeing your photos of the events ! thanks kirk

14. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

The Indy cars at first really got to me and then I guess I got use to the rush of hearing them go around the track. It added to the excitement of being at the famous IMS.
    Love everything about the show. Autocross was excellent. I did hear someone hit the wall.
    I heard so many stories of the ride around/ or drive the indy track. I went myself to make sure what the story was & truth. I was in line to sign up and ride, they had openings. Friday they were sold out, but Saturday they had a few spots left when I was there. If you drove the car it went about 130mph. The ride along was at 180mph. I talked to the headdriver of the lead car. I asked questions, how many got sick, I watch some get out trying to walk like they were dazed, stumbling. I heard the g-forces were unbelieveable. The one guy said all you insides hang over to the right side, felt he had to hold on to helmet and was a inch away from the wall. Some of the riders it didn't bother and said a ride of lifetime........
    Hope they have it again.

15. KIRK!

KIRK!

They had openings?!?!?! We were told they didn't. Gary Meadors did get a ride though. He told me it felt like the Gs were going to pull the helmet or his head off. I'm sure it's an incredible ride. It just gets annoying for me because I am talking to people an answering questions all day.

16. One Finger John

One Finger John

x2 he could make a 'quest' appearance. but no pressure, we all know he's a loner

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  17. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

OK Kirk, scuttlebutt says it's moving to last weekend in September.

TRUTH or FICTION????

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

We're looking at the third weekend to try not to overlap with other events. Right now it's between the weekend of the 14th or the weekend of the 21st, definitely not the last weekend.

19. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Maybe it's cuz you're getting old?

I love the venue.

HROTY was bitchin, The guys at Muncie were the best. When they opened the gate right off the road and we pulled right into the staging lanes I felt like the pope. That was very cool and I hope they will have us back next year. I actually had a guy complain to me that he missed a whole day at the show because of the 156 mile cruise and all I could think was this WAS the show.

Track fries are the best, but you gotta order nachos too so you can have the cheese.

I learned that tires don't stick to sealcoat unless you are from Detroit Speed.

I can't wait until next year, Thanks!

Donny

20. Flamingo_57

Flamingo_57
    BANNED
    from Rolla mo.

Some bad ass rods and kustoms there.

21. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Thank you for posting your pics. Looks like it was a great show. I am so dissapointed I couldn't go, but hey gotta pay the bills.

22. Thanks for the pics !! Good stuff >>>>.

23. Hot Rod Dirty's

Hot Rod Dirty's
    from KY

Already pre-registered for next year, hope to get to stay more than a day this time.

24. billylo

billylo

Cool pics...Thanks for sharing.

25. Oldsmobucket

Oldsmobucket

great pictures looks like a cool event. thanks for posting

26. Ebert

Ebert

X2, Donny! This event was one of the best GGs events I have ever attended. I am biased as hell, but I truly think that the IndyCars provided those who had never been to IMS a small glimpse (just a couple of cars versus 33) of what happens there in May. I think that they should/will probably keep ride openings for Goodguys for next year.

As to HROTY, it absolutely kicked ass....we had a blast and I, too, hope we go back to Muncie Dragway. An awesome trip in the old 55 with my sister and pals and we got to meet so many HOT RODDERS who believe in mashing the gas!!!

Richard Petty is.....well, the King!

I loved IRP, but it is Rosanne Barr vs Angelina Jolie in my book. IMS is spacious, historical, has the incredible Museum, plenty of room to park & party, shade, more restrooms, indoor and outdoor vendors and I found entering and leaving was really easy.

I have complete confidence that even the smallest of glitches were minor and the GGs will fix them in Year Two and beyond!!! I think KIRK! should defintely bring The Fonz back...not just for the car in question, but I believe it had an evil twin that we saw.....I am sure that The Fonz probably (in abstentia) knows which one I am referring to!!!

E

27. toobadq

toobadq
    from Indy

[​IMG]
    You found me!....Purple Mustang on Weld Wheels....next to the SLAMMED T-Bird

28. hemi

hemi

Ya know, they are super cheap and that's not a bad idea at all for the folks who park near the track and hang out all day....

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The ONLY complaint I had was they wouldn't put that cheese on my FRIES! :(

30. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

RE the track time... I would have liked a ride, had I made it this year. Did the cars have V6s or 8s? Chevys? I heard some just before the 500 and they sounded more like moaning frogs than IRL engines. Only 180? I wonder what the Gs are at race speed, like 210+?. Gee, Danica doesn't seem too girly or uncompetitive now, does she? Gary

PS I'm REALLY pissed I couldn't make the show this year. I hope to twist my brother n law's arm to get us rides for next year, especially if we can go out at the same time.