Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PHOTOS FROM THE 26TH CALIFORNIA HOT ROD REUNION IN BAKERSFIELD, CA - OCTOBER 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Michaelcozman, Oct 24, 2017.

1. thanks for taking the time to shoot and post.........

els and Michaelcozman like this.
  2. Great shots. Most of mine were starting line shots and not near as good as these

Thanks for a shot of the System1 girl:):):)

3. Thanks, nice coverage

4. Nice work.Haven't gone for years, have to go back one of these times.

5. I went Friday. This was by far the most out of the box car there. 50s Plyouth, wild body mods, dual Predator carbs on a mid engine, drive shaft went to a boat gear box just inside the rear drip pan then back to the differential that faced backward. The way he was parked I couldn't get a good camera angle but you get the drift.

He used one of these thingies to reverse the drive shaft. Don't know what they are called.
    [​IMG]

IMG_0727.JPG IMG_0728.JPG IMG_0729.JPG

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

7. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-10-25_7-55-57.png "V" VEE drives:
    V-drive is a propulsion system for boats that consists of two drive shafts, a gearbox, and a propeller. In a "V-drive" boat, the engine is mounted in the rear of the boat and the front of the engine faces aft.

Hello,
    We saw a lot of these at the Long Beach Marine Stadium Boat Drags. But the idea was tossed around many times about putting one in a modified car. Now, it is here...yea!

Jnaki
    MORE PICS OF THE MOTOR AND DRIVE SET UP?

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks for pics