Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photographers whats a good film scanner.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dzus, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Stovebolt37

Stovebolt37
    from Idaho

There are many good scanners on the market but don't ignore the software. Good scanning software can make or break your production flow and dramatically affect the quality of your final image. Especially if you've got some volume of images to take on. If your time is valuable it's worth your while to spend a little of it exploring the various scanning software options. Can save you a lot of time in the long run. Also, don't forget to think about how you're going to manage all these pics once you get them on your drive.

2. nitrozahn

nitrozahn

Wife is a fine art photographer and we just recently bought her the Epson Pefection V700. It is a flatbed scanner that has film holders for 35mm, slides, 120 film, 4x5 and 8x10 negatives. Bought it from B&H for around $250. She really likes it.

3. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

4. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

This thread got me thinking that I needed to scan/restore/save my negatives from Desert Storm (I flew tankers and took lots of air-to-air photos with my Nikon), as well as many old family photos and negatives. I did a little research and decided to try the Epson V500 and see how it goes. I bought from newegg.com and the price was the lowest (by a buck or two) and UPS shipping was 98 cents.

Thanks for this thread!